Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 01:18 PM

Re: Do you have a secret sinful food?

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
NOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!! Linda......I'm trying to cut down after my binge during most of September. I knew it was a mistake to come onto this forum. I keep being assailed with the most fabulous photographs of FOOD! Dammit. now I will have to put the kettle on and stand out in the fresh air to drink it because if I sit down, its an absolute guarantee I will be wanting a biscuit to go with it.(that's a cookie to you!!) )

Mary darlin' - can we tempt you with these???

http://www.aol.co.uk/video/how-to-ma...lls-518717534/
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 01:53 PM

Secret sinful foods are entirely the preserve of larger women.
The rest of us don't consider any food to be either secret or sinful !
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Linda darlin' - your 'biscuits' look very much like what we call this side of the 'pond' - scones. The counties of Devon or cornwall vie with one another on 'traditional' cream teas. The 'scones' are sliced and filled with clotted cream and jam, I ve also seen some dusted with icing sugar before being cut in half - but whichever way - delicious !!!

They can also be made with cheese too, but then one loses the cream and jam and replaced with just lashings of butter!!!
That sounds fabulous!

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
They look delicious Linda....how about giving us a recipe so we can find out just how scrummy they are !
Ask and ye shall receive.... this is a nice recipe that received rave reviews. I haven't tried this one personally yet, but I've been saving it for the next time I make my biscuits homemade. It's written by a woman who lives in Australia but used to live in the states. Her commentary before the recipe is pretty humorous. She makes sausage biscuit sandwiches out of them, something else we love here. Good, homemade biscuits are time-consuming, but totally worth it.

http://www.orgasmicchef.com/bread/be...biscuits-ever/

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
NOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!! Linda......I'm trying to cut down after my binge during most of September. I knew it was a mistake to come onto this forum. I keep being assailed with the most fabulous photographs of FOOD! Dammit. now I will have to put the kettle on and stand out in the fresh air to drink it because if I sit down, its an absolute guarantee I will be wanting a biscuit to go with it.(that's a cookie to you!!) )
You say cookie, I say biscuit. You say crisp, I say chip
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 04:46 PM

Thank you Linda they do look fantastic and the recipe is one that even I can follow.....I shall certainly be trying them.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Thank you Linda they do look fantastic and the recipe is one that even I can follow.....I shall certainly be trying them.
You're very welcome, Malcom

I'd like to try that recipe soon as well. But obtaining biscuits here is so easy that one tends to get lazy about making them homemade. We can buy them in the refrigerated section, biscuit dough that comes in tubes. You just open the tube, put the biscuits on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven. We can also buy them frozen.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 06:10 PM

Salmon with sweet chili glaze. (chips are also very moreish dipped in sweet chili sauce )

Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 06:24 PM

Chocolate is my all time favourite especially a large bar of Cadbury's fruit and nut, i also go for almond Magnums i sit and eat a whole box of 3 i just like food, i must admit i am a big eater too and getting big which i hate as i'm a yo yo dieter.. but i love food, i blame my parents
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Chocolate is my all time favourite especially a large bar of Cadbury's fruit and nut, i also go for almond Magnums i sit and eat a whole box of 3 i just like food, i must admit i am a big eater too and getting big which i hate as i'm a yo yo dieter.. but i love food, i blame my parents
OOOOhhh Do you remember the Walnut whips that you could nip the top off then see how far you could dip your tongue down into the mallow

opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:44 PM

Another food rule I strictly follow. I have a vast sweet tooth. But even if the Danish is the size of a dinner plate dripping with crumbs and icing, perhaps a lovely fruit filling as well...or a well made Baklava dripping with honey and studded with walnuts...if you have black coffee or diet soda it cancels out calories

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top