Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 10:28 PM

Re: German Election.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot were hard left. Basically any extreme is bad news. It doesn't take much for democracy to turn to totalitarianism. Just a few well chosen words to the population and some ruthless politics takes you from freedom to the illusion of freedom.
Isn't it all just "branding"?

I don't consider myself left / right or anything else. I just say how I feel. However, I'm probably "branded" as being right wing?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Hard left / left wing - whatever.

All I'm saying Annie, is that I see the apologist appeasing left as the greatest danger.
They are the ones who allowed things like Rotherham etc to fester, the ones who think we should be having a nice natter with the likes of IS and not deporting scum as it may violate their human rights.
Those are liberal values you are describing. They are not the same as left-wing policies. It's what has given us the free market capitalism, got rid of slavery, limited the power of the monarchy, separated church and state, liberate serfs, stopped children from going down the pits. The rise of aspiration over perspiration. So when you talk about liberalism you are talking about British values for the last couple of centuries and more.

Post Rotherham for example, Britain First (whom I don't always agree with) went into the council offices and called them out on what happened and why. However, they were still branded as trouble making thugs - why?. They were quite correct in calling it out.
It's as if anyone who stands up for their country and calls out the apologists is a far right loony. I just don't get it really.
I'd like to take you back to Jimmy Saville - was it also left loony policies or liberal values that knowingly allowed him to carry out his campaign of abuse for decades?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 10:53 PM

I don't consider myself left / right or anything else. I just say how I feel. However, I'm probably "branded" as being right wing?
Well patriotism is just branding too - devotion to our own national brand. At the end of the day it's all just clever marketing, but behind the scenes it's all about self-interest and power-grabbing by individuals who don't care about you or me
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS View Post
It doesn't take much for democracy to turn to totalitarianism. Just a few well chosen words to the population and some ruthless politics takes you from freedom to the illusion of freedom.

Exactly Annie, wait until Merkle and Junckers have their army. Search google for Eurocorps, 5000 are stationed at Strasburg plus follow link below to their secret army.
http://uk.businessinsider.com/german...17-5?r=US&IR=T.

Juncker said they will have their army by the end of the year. I wonder if they are planning to use it against the natives in their Federal States of Europe when they get out of order.

Fender, I feel the same as you branded as right wing just because I do not want to be dictated to by unelected bureaucrats. I believe in democracy and freedom for everyone.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-09-2017, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Freespirit ->

Juncker said they will have their army by the end of the year. I wonder if they are planning to use it against the natives in their Federal States of Europe when they get out of order.
Or maybe Juncker will decide to invade the UK for a laugh. Do you think Trump would defend us?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-09-2017, 11:45 PM

Let's just be clear on one thing. Liberal values are British values. Anyone who wants to ditch liberalism from the UK in the name of "patriotism" is also ditching a central part of our identity for the last couple of centuries. Considering how many Brits lost their lives fighting the nazis I can't believe anyone patriotic would celebrate the rise of the Far right in Europe or here. A deep ingrained sense of fairness is why we end up turning ourselves into pretzels to appease minorities - it gets complicated trying to be fair to all. But a sense of fairness is not a foreign quality.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Or maybe Juncker will decide to invade the UK for a laugh. Do you think Trump would defend us?
No need to do that, they only have to press a switch, they are already in control of most of our transport, utilities –electric, gas, water etc. and I should imagine a fair number of our puppet politicians. Somehow, I don’t know why but I think Trump would defend us, providing May doesn’t upset him.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 02:00 AM

Hi

A personal view.

Nobody in the EU is going to be invading anyone.

The USA has been pressurising NATO Countries to up their military spending to agreed levels, and so they should.

Germany has been coasting, even though it has a Budget Surplus and it is only right and proper that they should increase their Military spending.

Germany should not be subsidised by those who do pay their share.

All this talk about a EU Army being used to subdue errant EU Countries is pure fantasy.

The AfD is Germany's version of UKIP, a normal reaction of working people to the Political Elite, unlimited Immigration, Islamification, a change in values which they feel threatened by.

Juncker is a dead man walking, he is finished.

The EU is changing, it is becoming a two system EU, those who want further Integration and those who do not.

Both Germany and France, whilst espousing Free Movement are cracking down on the Benefits System.

Turkey now has no chance of joining, even on a Qualified Majority, that battle is lost, it is not going to happen.

Chill out and relax.

Brexit has triggered many changes, changes which, if we had had decent Politicians, we could have brought about ourselves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Freespirit ->
No need to do that, they only have to press a switch, they are already in control of most of our transport, utilities –electric, gas, water etc. and I should imagine a fair number of our puppet politicians. Somehow, I don’t know why but I think Trump would defend us, providing May doesn’t upset him.
Corbyn wants to nationalize all of the above at a price set by the government.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2017, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Corbyn wants to nationalize all of the above at a price set by the government.

Or without compensation!!!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top