Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
mom55
Boston Ma
mom55 is female  mom55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 05:34 PM

Re: Newbie here

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ginny darlin' needles (of all different sizes) don't worry me in the slightest - have had to have blood tests every week for the past seven years due to the fact I've been prescribed Warfarin and they have to keep adjusting the dose of that weekly. When I was due to go into hospital for operations, they're not allowed to operate if you're on Warfarin, so you stop that several days prior to hospital admission, but replace it with injections of Tenzaparin (straight into the stomach) - those hurt!!! and I finished up with a row of bruises as large as the diameter of tea cups around my waist band - very uncomfortable!!!
My Mom & Dad were on warfarin so I know what you mean Joe.
I feel for you it soumds like you have been through so much ...I hope this new year is a better one for you!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by mom55 ->
My Mom & Dad were on warfarin so I know what you mean Joe.
I feel for you it soumds like you have been through so much ...I hope this new year is a better one for you!
I'm good for about another 15 years (I hope). The only thing that annoys me intensely is my lack of mobility - I have to have a walking stick to get about and that is annoying and frustrating.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 05:40 PM

Hello Ginny, welcome to the forum from me too.
mom55
Boston Ma
mom55 is female  mom55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 05:48 PM

I'm good for about another 15 years (I hope). The only thing that annoys me intensely is my lack of mobility - I have to have a walking stick to get about and that is annoying and frustrating.

Uncle Joe I know it must be annoying and frustrating for you with the cane. BUT, my bf Dad had a hip replacement many years ago at the age of 54 and he ended up dying from a blood clot because the Dr decided to go on vacation afterwards and neglected to to tell the nurse what to do afterwards....there could have been a law suite but his Mom decided not to pursue it.
mom55
Boston Ma

03-01-2013, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Hello Ginny, welcome to the forum from me too.

Aww thank you...waving!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 06:08 PM

Uncle Joe I know it must be annoying and frustrating for you with the cane. BUT, my bf Dad had a hip replacement many years ago at the age of 54 and he ended up dying from a blood clot because the Dr decided to go on vacation afterwards and neglected to to tell the nurse what to do afterwards....there could have been a law suite but his Mom decided not to pursue it.
That's a similar reason to why I'm on warfarin - have had five pulmonary emboli, which is why I can't have General anaesthetic. The first one went undiagnosed for several weeks (I was just getting breathless - no pain) as a result the emboli was in situ for some weeks and part of my lung died (its still there - but doesn't work).
mom55
Boston Ma

03-01-2013, 06:11 PM

Do you smoke? please say no!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

03-01-2013, 06:30 PM

Do you smoke? please say no!!
I did Ginny - up until I had my first Embolism - (I had 60 ciggies in my coat pocket when admitted to hospital) but wasn't able to get to them nor get out of bed to go down to the entrance which was smokers corner at that time. By the third day I was 'climbing the wall' for a ciggie and Dr came and slapped a nicotine patch on me. I then did the 3 month course of patches and eventually gave up (even spliffs).
mom55
Boston Ma

03-01-2013, 06:32 PM

I did Ginny - up until I had my first Embolism - (I had 60 ciggies in my coat pocket when admitted to hospital) but wasn't able to get to them nor get out of bed to go down to the entrance which was smokers corner at that time. By the third day I was 'climbing the wall' for a ciggie and Dr came and slapped a nicotine patch on me. I then did the 3 month course of patches and eventually gave up (even spliffs).

Good for you Joe, but what are spliffs?...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

03-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Good for you Joe, but what are spliffs?...
Euphamism for Cannabis Ginny darlin'

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top