Join for free
Page 4 of 47 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 08:48 PM

Re: Where Are All Those Marchers And Celebrities?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have roots in the Old Testament, but this isn't about religion but power. Religion has always been used as an excuse to mete out cruelty in the pursuit of power over others. Radical Islam has simply rejected liberalism from the enlightenment and gone back to the religious interpretation we all had before.
Islam is a reactionary religion Annie.
Islam means submission .
That means total adherence to Islamic law .
Of course this law was made for the Middle Ages .
An age of brutality
It's not compatible with today's world.
Christianity has at least in many ways moved on.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Islam is a reactionary religion Annie.
Islam means submission .
That means total adherence to Islamic law .
Of course this law was made for the Middle Ages .
An age of brutality
It's not compatible with today's world.
Christianity has at least in many ways moved on.
All Abrahamic religions demand obedience. There are branches of Christianity and Judaism that have not moved with the times. Orthodox Judaism, Jehovah's etc. The dangers come where the lines between church and state become blurred.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:05 PM

The dangers come at this time in the worlds history from radical reactionary Islam .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Time to fall out with many of you again
I have a Muslim Nurse who comes to treat me 3 times a week, not even a headscarf.

She is Iraqi, her husband was a translator for us, neither of them are a problem for us.

They hate the Radicals with a vengeance that is difficult to understand for many.

The issue is not Muslims, it is the Radicals.

Janan and her husband despair of us and our ways.

They would deport the lot of them, if we can't they would put the lot of them in Solitary for the rest of their lives.

When I was working, I had Muslim Enforcement Officers.

They had no regard at all for the Radicals.

It is time we woke up to to the threat and dealt with the Radicals in the same way our Muslims would.

Sod their Human Rights, out they go, if we cannot, locked up for life.

Janan has a very simple view of FGM, it is not going to happen to her daughter, Dad is of the same view.

Any woman who does it gets locked up for life. any man who does it is castrated, testicles and penis removed and then locked up for life.

We are just too soft.
I don't think there is anyone on here, and certainly not me, who would fall out with you.

But we're getting off topic.

The OP pointed out that all of our trendy 'celebrities' (I don't celebrate any of them, by the way) are happy to march and bleat about some things, but not about others.

I find them abhorrent. I also believe that the media are almost as much to blame for encouraging them. If the TV cameras and newspaper photographers were not there, I have a distinct feeling that the trendies wouldn't be either. They enjoy being in the public eye, but if everyone ignored them I'm sure they'd crawl back into the woodwork.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:28 PM

The dangers come at this time in the worlds history from radical reactionary Islam .
Which isn't practised by the average Muslim in the street. Just a minority of maniacs who are not even religious and are despised by moderate or liberal Muslims.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:35 PM

It'd be interesting to know how many Muslims are discussing this topic(the act, not celebrities) and how many find it as abhorrent as some on here do.

I just wish those that do would be more vocal about it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:41 PM

What I really want to know is where do these rent a mob come from?
Always ready and able to bus off to somewhere to march .

The NUT and Corbyn's followers. They have rallies and protests all over the country, all the time. I know of someone who engages.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Executions, lashings and as punishment by the state including children and women in Yemen . They sentence children to death the same as they do to anyone else.
Capital punishment and death sentences in Saudi Arabia.

It's a way of control . Fear is the greatest controller of all !

Governments world wide should be stepping up in such matters, they hold the key, not the marchers on a Saturday afternoon .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Time to fall out with many of you again
I have a Muslim Nurse who comes to treat me 3 times a week, not even a headscarf.

She is Iraqi, her husband was a translator for us, neither of them are a problem for us.

They hate the Radicals with a vengeance that is difficult to understand for many.

The issue is not Muslims, it is the Radicals.

Janan and her husband despair of us and our ways.

They would deport the lot of them, if we can't they would put the lot of them in Solitary for the rest of their lives.

When I was working, I had Muslim Enforcement Officers.

They had no regard at all for the Radicals.

It is time we woke up to to the threat and dealt with the Radicals in the same way our Muslims would.

Sod their Human Rights, out they go, if we cannot, locked up for life.

Janan has a very simple view of FGM, it is not going to happen to her daughter, Dad is of the same view.

Any woman who does it gets locked up for life. any man who does it is castrated, testicles and penis removed and then locked up for life.

We are just too soft.
Deja Moo the feeling that I have heard this B/S before.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Executions, lashings and as punishment by the state including children and women in Yemen . They sentence children to death the same as they do to anyone else.
Capital punishment and death sentences in Saudi Arabia.

It's a way of control . Fear is the greatest controller of all !

Governments world wide should be stepping up in such matters, they hold the key, not the marchers on a Saturday afternoon .
On the other hand..it is the law and laws of that particular country
Like it or lump that is the way it is. How long ago was it when this country deported its own people to Australia for stealing bread?

Page 4 of 47 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top