Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 09:54 AM

Re: Budgies & Cockatiels

I had a blue budgie when younger, which died.

Then in later years my parents got a pair of cockatiels. They were shy but one of them popped on to my shoulder and the other soon followed suit. I know mum gave them away eventually to the chap who drove the mobile library, probably when dad was ill, or when they moved, I can't remember now.

Though they loved to sit on shoulders, if you turned your head to say hello you got hissed at!! And they also loved sharing meals. Got a photo of one nibbling at dad's breakfast.

Personally I wouldn't own a bird in this small flat, maybe in an outside aviary.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I used to have a lovely Budgie. He was turquoise and we called him Billy.
He lived until he was 11 years old. He was a real character and he loved some odd things. He would go mad when he smelt fish and chips and we always had to give him one pea, and a small piece of fish, no chips.
He used to have a bath on his cage but wasn't using it a lot. One day he was out of his cage as we let him fly around the lounge. I was drinking a glass of orange juice and Billy came flying to me and just jumped in the juice and started having a bath. Needless to say we were very surprised and also laughing at him. We of course, went and got another glass with clean water in it and he from that time on preferred the glass of water to bathe in.
Missed him a lot when he passed, bless.
That's funny BowieEyes! Bathing in orange juice, yuck, sticky feathers! Must've been hilarious to watch
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 04:41 PM

I get hissed at too Jazzi. We only have one tame one but the others have been slowly coming around. I actually get a kick out of the hissing & do it back at them, ha ha.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I get hissed at too Jazzi. We only have one tame one but the others have been slowly coming around. I actually get a kick out of the hissing & do it back at them, ha ha.
The only time my beautiful Bella hissed at me was if I shoved a camera at her....she saw it as a threat and would spread her wings out trying to make herself look scary.

I do miss her.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

12-04-2014, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
The only time my beautiful Bella hissed at me was if I shoved a camera at her....she saw it as a threat and would spread her wings out trying to make herself look scary.

I do miss her.
Would you ever get another Pats? Even adopt an older one?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Would you ever get another Pats? Even adopt an older one?
I don't know at this stage AC....I hate being without one, but I hate even more the pain when we lose them.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

12-04-2014, 06:38 PM

I empathize with you totally Pats, everyone has to decide on their own.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top