Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 03:31 PM

Re: Slow Lanes for Pensioners

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes Mort, I agree - especially when they are on their flippin' mobile phones at the same time!!!
That is the height of rudeness, no call can be that important[maybe].
Half the time they don"t even thank the cashier, are so busy blabbing.
Some shops display notices saying , no mobiles at check-outs.
Good idea.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
That is the height of rudeness, no call can be that important[maybe].
Half the time they don"t even thank the cashier, are so busy blabbing.
Some shops display notices saying , no mobiles at check-outs.
Good idea.
I agree too.

And while they're at it they should stop this 'coupons' nonsense and just reduce their prices to make up the difference.

Yes, I know it's to encourage 'loyalty' but:

- lower prices would also encourage 'loyalty';

- most people tend to shop at the same supermarket anyway. How many keep swapping back and forth just to see if they can save a few coppers?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And I think she'd do a grand job! She scares me, anyway.
Don't be scared of little old me JBR! I won't hurt you if you behave!

Now, I wonder if I'd be allowed to wear ninja suit and carry a taser in that job? (that would be good to zap phone users)
...and goggles of course!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 05:56 PM

I'd rather they had a soundproof enclosed aisle for all the screaming kids!
I can't think straight when they start screeching like banshees......and that's just the mothers!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
A better idea would be a uniformed person, skilled in the art of Poinking, breaking up gatherings of chatters, including staff, in the aisles, helping small old ladies reach the small size tins on the top shelves and reaching over the home delivery trollies that block access to just what you need to reach!
Oooo I do get me dander up! I need a slow checkout to get all these frustrations off me chest!

Excellent idea Tess CCTV probably thinks I look a highly suspicious old dear lurking round a shelf for ages but not buying. Truth is, I can't bloomin' well reach what I want half the time, so I have to lurk and loiter until someone taller comes along, then demurely accost them.

Another idea that would be welcome, is an Ejector Button on trolleys, to eject older kids from riding in the body of the trolleys with their dirty shoes on. It could shoot them up in the air and place them onto one of those high top shelves.
Evil old gal aint I.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I'd rather they had a soundproof enclosed aisle for all the screaming kids!
I can't think straight when they start screeching like banshees......and that's just the mothers!

A soundproof creche would be a good idea Art. They could all be put in there on the way in, and collected on the way out again.
I don't enjoy the weekly shop very much at the best of times, but its considerably worse when schools and nurseries are closed. I have seen many mothers on their phones, totally oblivious to what their kids are up to.

Blimey, I'm on a good grumpy roll today.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:27 PM

I always start my conversation with the tall man....'Honestly, l'm not trying to chat you up but l can't reach that up there'!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:37 PM

Tut tut tut. All these derisory comments on here about children.

I completely agree with them and, yes, I used to be a teacher.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2016, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A soundproof creche would be a good idea Art. They could all be put in there on the way in, and collected on the way out again.
I don't enjoy the weekly shop very much at the best of times, but its considerably worse when schools and nurseries are closed. I have seen many mothers on their phones, totally oblivious to what their kids are up to.

Blimey, I'm on a good grumpy roll today.
Mups, Some of the mothers l see, give their expensive mobile phone to the kid in the pushchair or trolley to watch something!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-11-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, Some of the mothers l see, give their expensive mobile phone to the kid in the pushchair or trolley to watch something!
I assume they're 'just helping with their education'.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top