Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:25 PM

Re: Surgery for Sutcliffe

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Do prisoners wait in the notorious NHS queues like everyone else or do they get fast-tracked to the front, for fear of the government getting sued?
If they need medical attention they have to see a GP type medic within 24 hours.. Unlike mum who had to wait 3 weeks to see her GP..

Hospital lists do apply but they are often jumped up the queue.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
If they need medical attention they have to see a GP type medic within 24 hours.. Unlike mum who had to wait 3 weeks to see her GP..

Hospital lists do apply but they are often jumped up the queue.
Makes sense they get treated quickly the idea a sickness could sweep through a prison is scary, they need to protect the entire community and keep prisons safe. What is wrong is how the NHS treats us civilians we should be more vocal about that not moan about prisoners getting what we all should. (not that you were moaning).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 07:50 AM

If sickness wiped out a few serial murderers it would be a blessing .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If sickness wiped out a few serial murderers it would be a blessing .
And when it kills the staff and moves into the general population that would be a blessing too ? we protect us all by protecting these closed communities.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Makes sense they get treated quickly the idea a sickness could sweep through a prison is scary, they need to protect the entire community and keep prisons safe. What is wrong is how the NHS treats us civilians we should be more vocal about that not moan about prisoners getting what we all should. (not that you were moaning).
Sadly the reason they get seen quickly is not so much becuse of fear of disease spreading through the prison but because if they are not seen quickly and a human rights wallah gets wind of it theres hell to pay..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 09:29 AM

Evil trash like Sutcliffe, Hindley and Brady should be exterminated and I offer no apology for that opinion.

With regard to other prisoners - they forfeited all 'rights' the minute they committed the crime that landed them in gaol. Obviously there is a duty of care but let us not forget - prison is supposed to be a punishment not open access to TV, Internet and luxuries. The withdrawal of personal freedom is not, of itself, it deterrent to crime. I am suggesting a return to floggings etc., but they certainly should have to work for their keep.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-10-2015, 09:49 AM

I would hate to be on remand or wrongly convicted with some of you in charge
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Evil trash like Sutcliffe, Hindley and Brady should be exterminated and I offer no apology for that opinion.

With regard to other prisoners - they forfeited all 'rights' the minute they committed the crime that landed them in gaol. Obviously there is a duty of care but let us not forget - prison is supposed to be a punishment not open access to TV, Internet and luxuries. The withdrawal of personal freedom is not, of itself, it deterrent to crime. I am suggesting a return to floggings etc., but they certainly should have to work for their keep.
You sure about that?
Maybe you'd like to bring back public floggings, public hangings, possible forcible amputation of a hand for theft (publicly naturally, after all justice has to be seen to be done), chemical castrations for convicted paedos I bet you'd love that...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 10:26 AM

Thank you, Ruthio - that will teach me to read my posts properly before pressing the send button !

That sentence should, of course read "I am NOT suggesting a return to floggings."

I would not like to see that - who would - but I stand by what I said about Sutcliffe, Hindley, Brady et al.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thank you, Ruthio - that will teach me to read my posts properly before pressing the send button !

That sentence should, of course read "I am NOT suggesting a return to floggings."

I would not like to see that - who would - but I stand by what I said about Sutcliffe, Hindley, Brady et al.
You're welcome, I knew you didn't mean it and that it was a slip, I was too hasty and apologise for my rudeness.

But at the back of my mind I hear my dad who firmly believed that prison should punish AND seek to rehabilitate.
Does that not include those criminals who obviously have damaged minds?

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top