Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 12:47 PM

Re: Laptops

Thankyou for all your effort Mark, but a lot of that was like talking Chinese to me .
Trouble is, because it's your job and you're good with technology, you forget what it's like to have a brain like a peanut's (mine) . So I thank you once again for trying to help, but it just don't sink in, much as I read and re-read!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Ok not a complete expert but will try to answer including some of the following posts.

I Might have some of this wrong.

Deleting your temporary files gets rid of a lot of virus.

I use Malwarebits and as a Firewall Windows essentials.

Having AVG or others with a firewall helps.

These virus are normally adware nothing to worry about.

The much more serious virus are Hackers who use your email accounts to invade your computer, latest one is "We could not deliver a parcel" with a download opition(do not click on the download optition).

I use the link below about a year ago and found that I had 2 hackers on my computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba3yUNUvC20

Hope this helps there are others on U Tube that might explain better.
Deleting temp files will NOT get rid of a virus, you need an anti virus prog. If you have a virus it's not adware and a scan will confirm this
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 11:20 AM

Have any of you got, or tried, one of the newer computers with 'touch screen' ? If so, how do you rate it for ease of use?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 11:28 AM

I had AVG and once on a computer it is a devil to remove, so I use free Avast as well. I also have a Malware program which does work well.

You should only run one antivirus program on a computer, if you have more one could cancel out the other
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Have any of you got, or tried, one of the newer computers with 'touch screen' ? If so, how do you rate it for ease of use?
I've got a Windows 8.1 notebook .... it drives me mad ! .... it's too sensitive even though I only use the keyboard !! my tablet is touch screen .... no problem
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:13 PM

I was thinking of getting a touchscreen pc Mups, but decided I don't really need it!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 02:27 AM

The Broadband for Seniors kiosk I run has a large touchscreen computer supplied by the federal government.

It is obviously the computer in the middle, the other two run Vista. I rarely use the touch screen facility and it drives me up the wall that, when tutoring, pointing to something on the screen usually makes it do something.

Why you would want to use a vertical touch screen is beyond me because the arm ache after about 5 minutes would be intense (try holding your arm out for just a few minutes).
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why you would want to use a vertical touch screen is beyond me because the arm ache after about 5 minutes would be intense (try holding your arm out for just a few minutes).
.... and just think of the difficulties for those of us who enjoy having long fingernails
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2014, 02:01 PM

Thank you for all your effort Mark, but a lot of that was like talking Chinese to me .
The accent doesn't help either
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-12-2014, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
The accent doesn't help either

I think you may be right Rachel, that must be the reason.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top