Join for free
Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 02:22 PM

Re: The nasty face of Israeli racism:

Joe I am suprised that an old Leftie like yourself is so anti Israel

Dont Lefties oppose authoritarianism and dictatorship and instead support popular, democratic rule?

Israel is a democracy, Israeli Arabs parties are represented in the Israeli Knesset.
Cant see that happening in the Gaza which doesn't even have freedom of speech a basic human right .
Let's not even mention Syria or Saudi Arabia.
By opposing Israel and supporting groups like Hamas, the Left is not supporting a liberation struggle but really a vicious terrorist group who aim is to replace the Middle East's only democracy with a repressive dictatorship.

Is that what Leftists want ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 03:51 PM

**Please stay on topic, do not make personal comments.
Some posts may be removed.
Thank you .
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:02 PM

The conflict between Israel and Palestine cannot be racist because they are genetically the same race. It is all about religion. The same religion, one god, one book, different prophets.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
The conflict between Israel and Palestine cannot be racist because they are genetically the same race. It is all about religion. The same religion, one god, one book, different prophets.

That may have been true more than two thousand years ago, but following the diaspara and the integration of the jews throughout the world, they are now a totally separate 'race', and they probably regard themselves as such.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 01:50 PM

Are you referring to the diaspora from their own land of Israel ?

It's nothing to do with race it's everything to do with anti semitism in the colloquial meaning of the word - hatred of Jews .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Are you referring to the diaspora from their own land of Israel ?

It's nothing to do with race it's everything to do with anti semitism in the colloquial meaning of the word - hatred of Jews .

Not true!!! - a hatred of zionism and zionists does not equate to a hatred of jews per se.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 02:35 PM

I love the Jews I know, very much disapprove of Israel though. Two entirely different things.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-01-2016, 02:51 PM

Yes it does .
Even Martin Luther King remarked on it when he said when you talk about being anti zionist you mean anti Jew.
Israel has been a sovereign state - a democracy- for 78 years now it has the right to exist in peace.
I note you failed to answer my question on why a professed leftist like yourself is against a country that is the only meaningful democracy in the ME , where women have equal rights to men,gays people are not persecuted and where there is a free and open press are so opposed to Israel?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-01-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I love the Jews I know, very much disapprove of Israel though. Two entirely different things.
Why?
You must have some logical reasons
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why?
You must have some logical reasons
Because they are bullies who have taken the Palestinians homelands and continue to do so to this day. Jews are not Israel Israel is a country even Jews are often unable to defend what Israel does.

Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top