Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:43 PM

Re: How do you handle conflict?

Hi

Twink is Twink, Morty is Morty, Ruthio is Ruthio.

Good fun with them,but I know when I am beat.

ISIS do not scare me at all.

Those three do.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 08:47 PM

Well I have to admit Twink and Ruthio are pretty fearsome.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Twink is Twink, Morty is Morty, Ruthio is Ruthio.

Good fun with them,but I know when I am beat.

ISIS do not scare me at all.

Those three do.
Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well I have to admit Twink and Ruthio are pretty fearsome.
Im a pussy cat!! :049 :
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:39 PM

So much great advice, I hardly know where to start to thank you all.......

I have copied this whole thread and I am going to use it as a guide to help me change my perspective so I can be a more positive member of over50 forum.

This forum is fun....there is always something funny said that makes me "laugh out loud"....people from the UK certainly know how to have fun.

So thanks again, I might reply individually to a few, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy what each and every one of you said......I certainly do....and appreciate very much that you took the time to help me with some much needed advice....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Wild Blueberry, it would seem that the number of responders to your original post, indicates that you have been accepted .
We all have different levels of tolerance, but it doesn't always mean that it's attributed to a particular person.
All have different backgrounds, different locations, different experiences that can make them into keyboard warriors , although if we feel we are being targeted unfairly then we are perfectly at liberty to respond accordingly .
As Longdogs said, sometimes the wrong word can be picked up on and changed within another's perception of what is actually intended .
Anyway, I think you have put forward some very interesting posts and points. It's not you, so don't run away, stand your ground and don't be bullied.
Puddle Duck,

Thank you for this.

Even tho, I don't feel comfortable in the Political or Religious threads, doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading them. I am not experienced enough to hold my own, without losing my temper, so it is best if I stick to the other threads where I can joke and have fun.

I learn something from you all the time Puddle Duck, and I thank you for that. I have a strong faith and would never turn my back on my faith. But for a while, I am just going to read and learn......God bless you Puddle.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

01-03-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I take a break Blueberry, I am like you though in that I take things to heart which is silly really. I'm not sure why we do that. I stay away for a while then give myself a talking to and realise what a twerp I am. You have to laugh at yourself sometimes
You are right Summer. I tried this a while ago, I took a week or so away from the forum and when I came back, I felt much better. Thank you Summer, good advice.

By the way, nice new avatar you have up now.....lovely....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

01-03-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I always think you should form you opinion, then take a few minutes break before you type your post.
When emotions run high you tend to word your post differently, but when you have thought it through a few times, you find a way to say what you think without all the overriding emotions... so your view seems more balanced.

How many times have we argued with somebody and said the wrong thing, the wrong way, because we were upset?
Twink, you are so right. I have done this so many times, then the next day, I read it and thought "what the h*** was I thinking, haha
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

02-03-2018, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

And sometimes we misinterpret the written word, so it's good to see how it plays out first.
Longdogs....you got that right, it is so easy to misinterpret, especially because I am in another Country so I don't always understand.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

02-03-2018, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I agree that if you disagree on some things it doesn't mean you dislike the person, not at all. \it would be very boring if we all agreed all of the time.

I just read that back.... oh well I know what I mean
This is something I must get through my head, I have to remember that just because someone doesn't agree with me, they don't necessarily dislike me. At first joining here, I though certain people didn't like me at all, and I couldn't understand.....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

02-03-2018, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Maybe you are getting to know us all better. It takes us all a little time to settle in, but when you do it starts to feel a bit like home
Yes, absolutely, I am getting to know the people on this forum and I do feel very much at home here now.... Thanks Twink, you hit the nail on the head there...

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top