Join for free
Page 4 of 39 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:14 AM

Re: Diana, Princess of Wales

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Here in Chicago, we know about those things...

Professionals never leave witnesses.. And if someone wanted to have such a high profile person "eliminated" they wouldn't hire Moe, Larry and Curley to do it.. It would only be top of the line.. Don't you think?

On the other hand, the idea may have been to maim rather than kill.
Unpleasant but 'tis a possibility
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 08:20 AM

I don't think the aim was to kill, I think they were trying to frighten Dodi off, I mean the future king could have been raised by Dodi ! Not a problem to me but many would not have liked that.

Not sure any of the royals were involved but there are civil servants and staff who all have a big stake in the royals and seem to be able to act pretty much alone, so the royals may never have known what was going on.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Thus despite having been in the bar drinking, when Dodi told his driver to report for duty he reported tout sweet. Simple answer to what happened? Drunk driver.
That was one of the problems with the initial investigation that was later cleared up and shown many times on tv: the driver was shown on CCTV footage inside the hotel bending down to tie his shoe lace and then stand back up again - not a wobble in sight and he walked a straight line out of the hotel; also, the first report stated his blood alcohol was very high which later turned out to the the test results from another dead person and that the drivers blood alcohol was minimal. Dodi and Diana looked relatively calm in the foyer prior to leaving. If they were being hounded (as they were), then the driver may put his foot down to try and get away from them.

Why was she not wearing a seat belt? (begs the question what were the two of them doing in the back of the car?).
From what I've been told by taxi drivers, they don't wear seatbelts in case they need to exit the car quickly to escape attack from a passenger in the rear of the car. Maybe a quick escape should it become necessary was the thought they had?

And finally had Charles or indeed anyone else, wanted her dead, I am sure it could have been achieved, quietly, discreetly, without leaving any evidence and furthermore without involving others.
Very often, the best hiding place is in full view with plenty of witnesses; it provides exactly the argument you have given.

We will never really know but, for me, the timing of her death was a little too convenient for them.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 08:42 AM

Could well have been something like that Julie.

The other imponderable is the death of David Kelly (weapons inspector).
IMO def not suicide suicide, UNLESS he was trying to make it as messy as possible to stir up trouble and instigate an in depth enquiry into the Iraq War. Sacrificing himself for the good of the country ?
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My view is any new enquiry is a waste of time and public money. I understand the source of the new 'evidence' is dubious.
If there is an enquiry and nothing new is found as I am sure would be the case, the conspiracy theorists won't accept it anyway.
Totally agree.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
On the other hand, the idea may have been to maim rather than kill.
Unpleasant but 'tis a possibility
Possibly... but I'm not sure what good a crippled Diana being wheeled around would have done them. Charles still couldn't have married horse face and Diana would have garnered even MORE public sympathy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Possibly... but I'm not sure what good a crippled Diana being wheeled around would have done them. Charles still couldn't have married horse face and Diana would have garnered even MORE public sympathy.
Makes no sense to me ......
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 03:28 PM

why didn't the bodyguard tell what happened.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
why didn't the bodyguard tell what happened.....
If I remember correctly - he had brain damage, anyway, there is no way he would 'talk', would be too scared to......So, he says he does not remember
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 03:33 PM

Yes, but it's more than likely that Diana wasn't the target - but Dodi was. Diana was merely collateral damage.

Page 4 of 39 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top