Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:16 PM

Re: Long frocks & clubbing.

Lovely pictures in this thread ladies

Depends which type of club we went as to what we wore and whether it was the swinging 60s or the 70s, or after that.

I was brought up in the suburbs of M/c. The club/dance scene was in the city as well as nightclubs in the suburbs. So, lots to choose from including social clubs and church hall dances where you danced around your barrel handbags

Clubbing was for wearing mini skirts , hot pants, shift dresses, trousers, antique clothes, thigh length boots or thigh length socks. platform boots, pant or jump suits (whatever they were called), Mary Quant type gear.

I only wore long dresses to dinner dances and 'formal does'. Parties were for wearing long floaty skirts/trousers.

You couldn't have a good old bop in a long frock
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's a nice picture of you Carol. Memories ey . .

Here's another one who never went clubbing.
As far as I can remember, the only long frock I ever had was my first wedding dress - a very long time ago now.

Didn't mean the photo to be so big, but couldn't get it smaller?

What a beautiful bride, Mups, and I love the dress.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:30 PM

I love long gowns and still wear them on formal occasions.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I love long gowns and still wear them on formal occasions.
I love skirts / dresses and wear them all the time
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I don’t remember women clubbing in long frocks either. It was definitely short skirts, bell bottoms, platforms and frizzy hair.
It was a groovy time.
I don't mean working men's clubs & small local clubs.

I mean the big clubs in the cities that have food, dancing & star entertainment. We saw Ike & Tina Turner and other artists of that ilk.

We used to go about once a month. In between times we went to the local working mans club & pubs where I definitely didn't wear a long frock but did plenty of dancing...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:04 PM

I've worn long dresses a few times when I've been to balls. The last time was a posh New Year's eve do for NYE 2014/15. I used to go clubbing a lot until about my mid to late thirties. I also used to hang out with bikers at one point so I don't think it's incompatible! I've even been to headbanging nightclubs in my youth. Anyway I love dressing up and I love posh frocks. Last time I dressed up in a posh frock was the last NYE. Here is a photo of the beautiful dress I wore.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09909 (2).jpg
Views:	140
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	7219  
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've worn long dresses a few times when I've been to balls. The last time was a posh New Year's eve do for NYE 2014/15. I used to go clubbing a lot until about my mid to late thirties. I also used to hang out with bikers at one point so I don't think it's incompatible! I've even been to headbanging nightclubs in my youth. Anyway I love dressing up and I love posh frocks. Last time I dressed up in a posh frock was the last NYE. Here is a photo of the beautiful dress I wore.

Oh yes Annie...quite a beautiful gown indeed...

I so wish that I'd kept all of my lovely ball gowns...with the weight that I've lost over the last year maybe I could fit into them again...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't mean working men's clubs & small local clubs.

I mean the big clubs in the cities that have food, dancing & star entertainment. We saw Ike & Tina Turner and other artists of that ilk.

We used to go about once a month. In between times we went to the local working mans club & pubs where I definitely didn't wear a long frock but did plenty of dancing...
Oh goodness. I didn’t mean working men’s clubs either.

I meant big clubs that served food and drinks that had dancing and entertainment. At that point in my life I did everything with a large group of friends. We did everything together.

One could definitely not dance well in long dresses and we LOVED dancing.

Beautiful picture of you and your friend Carol
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

08-09-2018, 11:36 PM

Beautiful dress Annie. I love the cut and colours if it.
Plus it fits you perfectly.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:42 PM

Honestly Carol, you don't look that much different now (apart from the dress that is)

I still go to pubs where they might have a live band on and we always have a Christmas dinner dance where there's some dancing, but as far as "clubbing" goes I think it was back in the 1980's for me when I would either visit a nightclub after supping a dozen pints and Pernod's or go to an underground club in Hull called Spiders, which was more goth and punk orientated "dancing".
I would dress to suit either occasion.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top