Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2013, 07:35 PM

Re: Update on Alicat

Good luck Alison I had an ultrasound for gallstones which I paid for myself because I had to wait so long.
It revealed nothing , I think the stone had cleared itself while I was waiting.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Alison darlin' - ood luck with whatever you're having done. Will be thinking of you darlin'.
Thanks Uncle Joe, watch this space, they'll probably change their minds again and think of something different
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I hope all goes well Alison. Do they have any idea when the ultrasound will be. My Mum had gallstones removed and was fine afterwards. If thats the extent of the problem I am sure you will be OK.

All the best to you
Thanks Dog Lover. No they don't know when it will be, he's only just put me in for it. Still the longer I wait the more weight I can lose if I do need an op.
Alicat
West Berkshire

31-01-2013, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good luck Alison I had an ultrasound for gallstones which I paid for myself because I had to wait so long.
It revealed nothing , I think the stone had cleared itself while I was waiting.
Thanks Meg, I might think of paying for one, I'll see what hubby says. I'm glad your's was clear.
Alicat
West Berkshire

31-01-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Hi Alison, oh dear, what with the angina attack and now the gallstones, you are really going through it
My mum, me and my daughter all had our gallbladders removed. Luckily my daughter had keyhole surgery...only a few days and she was home!
Good luck with the ultrasound.
Thanks Janela, also add a Fungal Infection in my groin I've had for two months and won't go I think I need to go too the vets and be put down There's alot of people worse off than me.

Yours sounds like a genetic thing then, my Mum had gallstones years ago. I'm glad you're daughter and all of you were fine.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2013, 10:43 PM

Good luck Alison, I hope you don't have to wait too long before you get a date for the op....
Alicat
West Berkshire

01-02-2013, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good luck Alison, I hope you don't have to wait too long before you get a date for the op....
Thanks Mags

I hope your heating gets sorted out soon

Edit - Sorry Mags, I got you mixed up with Meg on that last comment
Alicat
West Berkshire

05-02-2013, 08:37 PM

Oh God, you are all going to be sick to death of me and my health Sorry, I hope I'm not going on about myself too much, I know I do go on too much ......... Anyway

I went for my cancer follow-up appointment at the hospital yesterday, I saw a registrar, she checked me over (as I had a hysterectomy) and she said "Your bottom part has come away from the top half", I should have asked what she meant shouldn't I of but I didn't, so I don't know what she means . She's put me in for a CT scan and I've got to have it within a week and I've had to book an appointment to go back to see her in three weeks time.

I shall phone up my consultant's secretary and ask if she would explain what the problem is.

I've got a ultrasound on Thursday to detect gallstones so I hope it doesn't snow.

I've got a cardiology appointment in two weeks time.

It's all happening I suppose it keeps me out of trouble
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Oh God, you are all going to be sick to death of me and my health Sorry, I hope I'm not going on about myself too much, I know I do go on too much ......... Anyway

I went for my cancer follow-up appointment at the hospital yesterday, I saw a registrar, she checked me over (as I had a hysterectomy) and she said "Your bottom part has come away from the top half", I should have asked what she meant shouldn't I of but I didn't, so I don't know what she means . She's put me in for a CT scan and I've got to have it within a week and I've had to book an appointment to go back to see her in three weeks time.

I shall phone up my consultant's secretary and ask if she would explain what the problem is.

I've got a ultrasound on Thursday to detect gallstones so I hope it doesn't snow.

I've got a cardiology appointment in two weeks time.

It's all happening I suppose it keeps me out of trouble
Alicat look it up on Google, just put in what you were told ,it will give you an explanation there that may help till you speak to someone about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 10:18 PM

Alison you must be fed up with seeing Doctors I hope the pain is a bit better in your tummy.

Try not to worry about what the doctor said, you will be seeing her in three weeks won't you and she can explain things then .

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top