Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Re: Sunday Night at the Palladium

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I'm afraid I'm a reality addict. I like most of them
I do watch 'Strictly' and the 'Apprentice' though
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 10:12 AM

I do watch some reality tv, as you know I am a recent convert to Strictly.

But going back to Sunday night viewing I remember watching Poldark with my family. Oh that Ross Poldark did set my heart a flutter. I have seen the series a few times since and he still has the same effect on me.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 10:32 AM

I was gutted when Dancing on Ice ended. I loved that programme. Love The Apprentice , The X Factor and so many more. I won't mention some as I'm sure a lot of you will groan. Ha Ha.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I do watch some reality tv, as you know I am a recent convert to Strictly.

But going back to Sunday night viewing I remember watching Poldark with my family. Oh that Ross Poldark did set my heart a flutter. I have seen the series a few times since and he still has the same effect on me.
Yes - he certainly had a presence about him .....
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

03-09-2014, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Clementy ->
The sad thing is as I became a mid teenager, it wasn't considered cool to watch the same programmes our parents did. Rather a shame, I'd certainly watch them all again now. They feel reassuring and gentle in this day and age. No smut or bad language. Pure entertainment. I do remember Val and his rocking chair.

I despair at most of the reality programmes now showing. Although must confess I like Come Dine With Me. But none of the others

Actually, I've realised that's a bit of a fib. I do like the Bake Off, the Sewing Bee.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2014, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Clementy ->
Actually, I've realised that's a bit of a fib. I do like the Bake Off, the Sewing Bee.
I really liked the 'Sewing Bee'
If I were younger it would have inspired me to take up dressmaking for sure .......
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

04-09-2014, 10:48 AM

Do you know it's really quite odd, I can't sew at all, I can't even put up a hem. I loathed Needlework classes at school. Yet I thoroughly enjoy this programme.
Perhaps it reminds me of my mother and her sisters who could all sew and knit beautifully.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2014, 10:52 AM

Hello Marsha
I just about get by with sewing, but the programme is fascinating to see just whats involved in making a garment.
I think they are great - my Hubs would have made a great tailor, pity for him and for me, he didn't realise that
Clementy
London, UK
Clementy is female 

04-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Yes watching all the stages is fascinating, all those bits and pieces that have to be cut from a pattern, the facings?, all the different types of stitches. All very new to me, overlocking? ha ha. I haven't a clue. But it's lovely to see something grow from a swatch of cloth and I do admire the contestants.
Like the Bake Off, the Bee makes me feel nostalgic, how things used to be, no aggression, bad language, etc.

What a shame your husband didn't get to realise his tailoring ability, all those lovely clothes you would have had.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2014, 12:23 PM

I hate SNATLP with a passion, I remember it as containing mainly mediocre people performing to a captive audience who felt obliged to give an enthusiastic response.

Perhaps my unfavourable memory of the programme is coloured by a vision of my greedy stepmother sitting there eating an endless supply of chocolates in front of her stepchildren who were never offered any.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top