Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 10:09 PM

Re: Bees

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
You need to coat your beloved in nectar (or jam if none available) leave him outside, hopefully the bees will follow him home, if they can keep up!
euwwww .... now THERE'S a thought

watch this space Lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Bees are still there
Rachel see my post above about calling a swarm collector from the bee keepers association ..

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...737#post458737

..we are so short of bees every one is precious...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 11:48 PM

I like Twiz's idea Rachel.

We have a swarm of bees in our Blue Tit box. The birds didn't want it, so the bees moved in!!!

According to my conservationist son, they are White Tailed Tree Bees. They are causing no harm and quite interesting to see them coming and going. He says they don't make any honey but will be interesting to see inside the box, once they've moved on.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Rachel see my post above about calling a swarm collector from the bee keepers association ..

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...737#post458737

..we are so short of bees every one is precious...
Thanks Meg
Yes I did look but not sure if you'd class this as a swarm
There are just a few bees occasionally flying around and going into the straw ~ not that there's much straw in there now.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Thanks Meg
Yes I did look but not sure if you'd class this as a swarm
There are just a few bees occasionally flying around and going into the straw ~ not that there's much straw in there now.
Stomp on the buggers.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 05:26 PM

This is what a bee looks like close up ...

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Stomp on the buggers.
mmmmm I can think of something to stomp on and it won't be the bees
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:26 AM

We've gained the bees that moved into and out of our neighbour's house last year!

Just as with their house, they're going in at a corner right by the guttering so there's probably a small hole there but there's no way I can get to that point from outside or inside - even if I wanted to - so we'll just live with them for now.

What they normally do is move on after a few months but they may have left larvae we think that'll hatch later.

We also get some little orange tailed bees that dig holes in the garden and move-in!

A lot less this year but we work around them too! stevmk2

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top