Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 08:44 PM

Re: supermarkets

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
We were in our local Joe Soaps and queuing at the checkout in the manner prescribed to all customers. The checkout lady was having a problem with one item and was trying to attract the attention of the checkout manager at his station. He however was deeply engrossed in social discourse with several female staff . One loud call of SHOP brought the situation to a prompt resolution . Her Indoors is extremely critical of my behaviour in such situations and hides behind the nearest column.
I was in a garden centre cafe & was trying to decide between Madeleines & Rum Baba's
Out of the blue I felt my tummy being poked by a rather ugly old lady.
"NOne for you Porky" she said eyeballing me fiercely.
i ignored her but looked straight into her cowering husband's eyes & replied.
" Sir, you have my deepest sympathy"

Without giving the old hag a second look , I piled a Madeleine, 2 Rum Babas & a large slice of Lemon Meuringe on my plate & walked to a table in the corner.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 10:11 PM

I order online from Tesco. Never had any problems until this last order. Wasn't really a problem with the order as in fact they had given me fillets in 1kg bags instead of the cheap chicken potions in 2kg bags I had ordered and they are much more expensive - yay. Problem I had was that the driver must have taken off with a basket full of my frozen fruit packets. He was obviously deaf and communicated by grunts and pointing. Anyway I got on the blower as soon as I realized the missing goods and it was kind of comical as the guy couldn't get the driver to pick up the phone. Not saying cos he was deaf was the reason but it did make me smile a little. Reimbursed for all the missing stuff and the del. Ordered the next day and it all arrived this morning. Swear by online ordering me but I suppose things can go wrong for sure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2013, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh, I forgot the most important irritant: music, or muzak. Oh God, I especially hate it before Christmas when you get the same CD played all the time. There is just no escape from it.

#Simply...having...a wonderful Christmas time.#
#So here it is, merry Christmas, everybody's having fuuuuun#

Argghhhh!!!!!

Can you imagine how the workers feel, having the same CD's in their ears day in, day out, for weeks and weeks before Christmas? I wonder if it sends them potty or if they just mentally "switch off" ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have no problems with the Sainsbury's I go to, the staff are very polite and chatty and always ask if you need help with packing. They never start putting items through until the basket/trolley has been unloaded onto the belt. Even then if they see goods mounting up at the other end, they will stop until you have caught up with your packing.

As a back pain sufferer myself, I am one of those who tends to use the trolley as a support for getting around the store ..... sorry!
Sounds good Mags - Asda is like that, I also use the trolley as support .....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I was in a garden centre cafe & was trying to decide between Madeleines & Rum Baba's
Out of the blue I felt my tummy being poked by a rather ugly old lady.
"NOne for you Porky" she said eyeballing me fiercely.
i ignored her but looked straight into her cowering husband's eyes & replied.
" Sir, you have my deepest sympathy"

Without giving the old hag a second look , I piled a Madeleine, 2 Rum Babas & a large slice of Lemon Meuringe on my plate & walked to a table in the corner.

Now there's a man after me own heart!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 08:52 PM

Realised a few more niggles when in Morrisons today.

Not enough staff on the deli counter because the one other member was on her break. So a huge queue backed up.

No price labels on the shelves. I write on my list as I go along and put the price down (to budget), so often have to guess.

Items placed behind the wrong price label.

Label saying Priced, but the item isn't. So again, you have no idea what it costs.

(Good grief, is this a game by the shelf stackers, that they just love to wind us up? )

Price reductions on some items but NOT specifying that there are exclusions. I love vegetable crisps but apparently, when at the check out, they were not included in the special offer of being £1, not £1.50. I asked for a price check first. The shelf clearly stated all Signature hand cooked crisps. It didn't say 'excluding vegetable'.

A lady at the deli counter agreed with me that standards are dropping at this store. She lives in Cambridge and apparently comes down to help her mum with her shopping, saying they are better there. I have a good mind to send a letter of complaint to the manager, asking why it seems that he doesn't care!!

In fact...I will.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2013, 11:46 PM

Compared with Australian supermarkets, English supermarkets are heaven! We come over every year and i LOVE English supermarkets. Here in Tasmania we have two chains both exactly the same as each other. Ready meals amount to about half a dozen choices all overpriced and dreadful and the choice of items is about equal to a corner shop compared with the UK. And everything VERY expensive.
Uncle Mo
Hitchin Hertfordshire UK
Uncle Mo is male  Uncle Mo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2013, 01:09 AM

I enjoy shopping in nearby Morrisons in Letchworth G. C. ever since it opened 14 years ago, even so they are not perfect. Over the years they have stopped selling various items that are still available elswhere so I deliberately buy those items elswhere, no way will I buy an alternative. Why do they only stock chocolate, strawberry and banana milkshake. Why can't they cut bread in door steps, why can't they sell thick sliced bacon or ham. Worst of all why did they stop selling Marmite cashew nuts, that really made me angry; and they nearly lost my business, but the lovely friendly check out ladies keep me coming back.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2013, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Mo ->
I enjoy shopping in nearby Morrisons in Letchworth G. C. ever since it opened 14 years ago, even so they are not perfect. Over the years they have stopped selling various items that are still available elswhere so I deliberately buy those items elswhere, no way will I buy an alternative. Why do they only stock chocolate, strawberry and banana milkshake. Why can't they cut bread in door steps, why can't they sell thick sliced bacon or ham. Worst of all why did they stop selling Marmite cashew nuts, that really made me angry; and they nearly lost my business, but the lovely friendly check out ladies keep me coming back.
Sainsburys still sell the Marmite cashews!! Quick, go get some. I loved eating them but the cost crept up so stopped.
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2013, 04:14 PM

Jazzi, I don't suppose your Morrisons still sell Spicy Brown Sauce do they? I was having a moan on here yesterday on the Brown or Red thread about not being able to get hold of any more.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top