Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 04:38 AM

Re: Tarot cards

Bruce, your pic of the cards, the deck in the lower right hand corner is the one I use the most often. I also have three books to help me in the meaning of the cards together. The layout of the cards is important as what card is in which position, also.

I find it interesting you kept these items all these years. Some attachment then?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 07:31 AM

I've never had mine read...I'm not sure what I think of them...I think I may have watched too many horror films where they invite evil spirits into your life....ok thinking about it I've decided not to bother with a reading
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Bruce, your pic of the cards, the deck in the lower right hand corner is the one I use the most often. I also have three books to help me in the meaning of the cards together. The layout of the cards is important as what card is in which position, also.

I find it interesting you kept these items all these years. Some attachment then?
That's the Waite pack (Rider Waite from memory) probably the most common of the English packs. The top right is the pack designed by Aleister Crowley, top left a French pack but the name escapes me, bottom left the Aquarian pack (this was the 70s remember).

No particular attachments, I am just a hoarder. Digging them out for that photo was the first time I had touched them for decades.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 09:40 AM

I inherited my first pack when I was about 14yrs old. They had belonged to my Grandma. Wasn't sure what they were but enjoyed looking at the pictures. Had a reading done when in my 20s - but was very sceptical about it.

Then I met a Tarot Master - he taught me how to recognise genuine readers, interpret the cards myself, and advised me to buy my own pack. I looked at many designs - finally chose a Celtic pack because I am a Celt so they seemed appropriate. They work well for me and the art work is beautiful. I still occasionally use Grandma's as well - just because they were hers.

I also have the "Lord of the Rings" pack - because they are rather lovely - but I don't work with them - or rather they do not work for me.

Personally I am not keen on the Raider Waite art work - but know a lot of people who use them quite successfully.

Would not - ever - touch anything with a connection to Alistair Crowley. That man was pure undiluted evil.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Yes, I have a pack, and yes I can read them.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:43 AM

I looked at many designs - finally chose a Celtic pack because I am a Celt so they seemed appropriate. They work well for me

I don't have a pack, ST, but was told that you have to choose your own pack rather than someone giving you a pack they had chosen for you.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I looked at many designs - finally chose a Celtic pack because I am a Celt so they seemed appropriate. They work well for me

I don't have a pack, ST, but was told that you have to choose your own pack rather than someone giving you a pack they had chosen for you.
Yes, Last tango, that is the tradition - the exception being inherited ones. If you were close to person from whom you inherited them - they will work well. Grandma passed hers on to me shortly before she died.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's the Waite pack (Rider Waite from memory) probably the most common of the English packs. The top right is the pack designed by Aleister Crowley, top left a French pack but the name escapes me, bottom left the Aquarian pack (this was the 70s remember).

No particular attachments, I am just a hoarder. Digging them out for that photo was the first time I had touched them for decades.
Yes, the Waite pack is the most common and most used. Some of the pictures denote doom and gloom, but I prefer to think of it as "effect" to get your attention. Nothing playful about life experiences, past or present, or....future.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top