Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 04:00 PM

Re: You prefer to hate or be hated?

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Posted at the same time Rena, but I wonder why it is so important to some to be so liked by 'everybody' - aint gonna happen .... By being of that frame of mind, are you not trying to be everything to everybody and not really being yourself ....
It's true that nobody can expect to be universally liked, but I do think it is perfectly normal to want people to like us and accept us and I think this is important for our own well-being and it is certainly a lot happier for everyone when we generally want get along with each other. I suppose I "fence around" when I first meet folks - feel them out without committing myself or giving too much that is important about myself away. I trawl around and try to find common ground and let them talk, so in that sense I accommodate their feelings before my own initially. (that's what I believe is being courteous???). I am being myself - just not letting everything out too soon before I think it is "safe" enough. Some people I only ever get to know on a very limited basis, but I will try to rub along with all types of folk whatever their personality. If I don't think something is right, sooner or later I make my feelings known.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 04:35 PM

Sensible thing to do - I tend to jump right in ! Hubbs tells me to bide my time, more often than not, he's right. But, I'm a friendly gal, cant help that and if a person doesn't wanna play, thats fine too ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Sensible thing to do - I tend to jump right in ! Hubbs tells me to bide my time, more often than not, he's right. But, I'm a friendly gal, cant help that and if a person doesn't wanna play, thats fine too ....
I'll go along with that Pats darlin' - there are no 'sides' to me - I'm a wysiwyg - What you see is what you get. If people like me - fine - if not they can do the other thing.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 08:08 PM

Maybe you are both quicker and better at assessing people than I am Pat and Uncle Joe - I'm just a bit cautious about who I "let in" - I'm a bit quiet initially and don't feel I can show all my cards straight away, although when I say or do something 99.9% of the time I'm being straight up unless I am joking.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:06 PM

This may sound trite, but in the end love is greater than hate.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2013, 09:23 PM

"If people don't like me, they can leave me alone" (Joan Baez song) I don't hate anyone, I get disappointed in humans in general and some in particular. I may say I hate this person or that person, but it makes not a jot of difference to them, so there's no point really is there?
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 12:57 AM

People are so normal on this forum.
I've mostly posted on forums for people with anxiety disorders, even the more serious ones like schizophrenia/bipolar. There I looked relatively normal. But interestingly, on here, I feel like the "bottom of the class".
And this tends to be my online persona, alter ego, where I can express my self-obsessions. In real life, I couldn't talk like this or people would ignore me totally. I try to exude a more extroverted personality, which fools some of the people some of the time......
I do tend to feel things more intensely than other people. I can still remember insults that were slung at me, when I was 13 years old!
The one thing that has saved me from being "highly strung" is being able to laugh at myself. or being able to laugh at absurdity.
Bu thanks to you all for your sensitive input. No one has said anything derogatory so I guess it's time I replied to someone else's thread..eh?
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 01:01 AM

I promise not to hate any of you here. You're all so nice. Are you pulling my leg?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by youngatart ->
People are so normal on this forum.

I've mostly posted on forums for people with anxiety disorders, even the more serious ones like schizophrenia/bipolar.
I started posting on a very well known one of those when life started to unravel for me again and I ended feeling more depressed than when I started!

There I looked relatively normal. But interestingly, on here, I feel like the "bottom of the class".
There's no such thing as being bottom of the class - we all have strengths and weaknesses so pole position and the lagging one always changes.

I do tend to feel things more intensely than other people. I can still remember insults that were slung at me, when I was 13 years old!
You and me both - if there was a gold medal for grudge holding, I'd win it

The one thing that has saved me from being "highly strung" is being able to laugh at myself. or being able to laugh at absurdity.
And that, in my opinion, is an underrated and admirable quality
Duckie
Australia

17-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I started posting on a very well known one of those when life started to unravel for me again and I ended feeling more depressed than when I started!
My experiences were varied , some quite positive though.
There's no such thing as being bottom of the class - we all have strengths and weaknesses so pole position and the lagging one always changes.

I'll settle for in the middle of the field :surprised:

You and me both - if there was a gold medal for grudge holding, I'd win it

Very honest of you to say that
And that, in my opinion, is an underrated and admirable quality
I think I'm just going through a hard time at work so my lens is rathered skewered.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top