Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 03:35 PM

Re: ‘Yesterday,Tomorrow and Never’, the O.F.F Novel.

At last Willy got into his pickup truck, gesturing to Muriel to join him. "Just going to go and see, if Old Johnny's Garage up the road apiece, can give you a tow to his place" Muriel felt uneasy, as there was a bed made up in the back. She also noticed he had a pistol in his belt...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 04:12 PM

But what choice was there? She couldn't refuse the lift without making it very obvious she was suspicious of him, his weird mother and the whole scene. And making a touchy armed man annoyed when you are miles away from anyone in the countryside is not a clever idea. So Muriel swallowed her doubts and growing fear and got in
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 05:24 PM

..it soon became obvious to Muriel that they were not returning to where she had left her car.

There was an uneasy silence as the pick up sped along a lane. Tree branches hung low and brushed the roof making a pinging noise. Muriel her voice high pitched with fear said...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 05:51 PM

I have to get out! Err, to go to the toilet. Willy pulled up at the roadside. "There's some bushes over yonder, and mind out for them old rattlers"! He grinned and snickered, as Muriel headed off. When she was out of sight, even though she was barefoot,she ran like the wind, straight into...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 07:38 PM

a cow pasture, and to a confirmed city girl the cows looked very large and threatening! And there wasn't a house or a human in sight.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Willy, wandered up behind her, 'What yer doin in the pasture?' he drawled 'ain't nothing for yer in the pasture, ceptin cow doins' Muriel began to cry and asked Willy what he wanted with her. 'Shucks now don't be a bawlin, I just wants you to be my girlfriend, cos I aint nivver had one, cos ma scares em away' Muriel stared at the good looking farmer, 'What?' she cried 'girlfriend?' 'surely anyone would be your girlfriend' 'yes mam but ma keeps scarin them away, then she's always chewin my ear sayin I should wed, but I can't wed without getting a girlfriend can I?'
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

24-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Now this was absolutely the last thing Muriel had expected! And while Willy was undoubtedly a hunk his grammar and accent indicated that he wasn't particularly well educated; the male equivalent of a bimbo. But once again, you don't anger an armed man out in the midst of nowhere, with no way to get away, so Muriel very reluctantly felt she had no choice but
John
Eastleigh Hampshire

25-07-2011, 02:26 PM

to admit, boy! did I get that Brooklyn accent all wrong! So no witness prog. etc, no mafia, this is just a good old country boy redneck with little education, and a gun collection. Gulp! " Willy, any chance of you and me going down to find that Johnny's Garage?" A silence descended...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

25-07-2011, 04:25 PM

Willy may be uneducated but like many he's very quick to pick up on body language and he didn't like what he saw, Muriel was obviously
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Trying to get away from him and he didn't want that. He really was a nice lad who needed to get away himself, away from the clutches of a mother who saw him only as a worker who needed a wife so that she would have some help in the house.

Willy gave Muriel a long look, she was nice in a school teacher kind of way, he quite liked her pretty hair and she did have a pretty little figure maybe she would be she would agree to be his girlfriend, but even Willy knew that he hadn't started off on a very good footing.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top