Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 10:47 PM

Re: Charity Shops

Yes, occasionally they are held in the local church halls though I don't like a free for all as most of them are which is why many are called a rummage/jumble sale, you can never get close enough to catch a bargain!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=Honey;449782]we have some upmarket charity shops that are really overpriced, I stick to those that aren't so greedy like the Salvation Army, they're the cheapest by far around here and they also offer an incentive by issuing you with a card that is stamped every time you make a purchase, when full you get to choose 2 items free of charge![/QUOTE]

There is a Sally Army shop about a mile down the road from me Honey, but I've never heard of them doing the stamped card idea, so I'm surprised at that. Maybe its only your branch?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2014, 01:33 AM

no, they do it in other towns, check this link for the reward scheme,

http://www.thriftmystyle.com/2013/10...op-reward.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2014, 09:09 PM

Thanks Honey. I popped in my local one today with a friend and I asked her about the scheme. She explained that the money taken from those shops goes into a "big pot" and is distributed to all over, whereas the money taken in our local shop stays for local funds only. Apparently the shop in the next town to me is a loyalty card one though.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

29-04-2014, 09:30 PM

I'm surprised as I would have thought all of their shops operated the same scheme and your local shop isn't giving anything back to its customers
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-04-2014, 09:37 PM

Seems that way Honey. Mind you, if they use it for the 'local' projects, that's fine by me.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

29-04-2014, 09:42 PM

always better in your pocket, they don't tell you where it's going, I like having an incentive to shop, it's the icing on the cake
Itzliz
United kingdom...
Itzliz is female 

02-05-2014, 11:35 AM

We have a Sue Rider shop where we live they build it them selves .. furniture an clothing, they have an always people init. Mind you ! i take has much back has i buy..i do the gift aid to this one an the Hospice Movement, an Heart Foundation too... But love a bargain ... an it helps the charities has well.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2014, 11:46 AM

We occasionally buy books in Charity Shops - normally Cancer Research locally because they get so much donated by us anyway, so we support them more I suppose.

The reason is that we've lost several family members and friends to Cancer so it makes sense to us and to be honest Cancer Research seem far more open about their finances than some I could mention. stevmk2

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top