Join for free
Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:54 PM

Re: EU About to Block Vaccine For the UK.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. The more I hear, the more I believe that Boris is just May in trousers.
He's lost my vote already.
Then I think you're ignoring the contents of the post above.

I'm no "fan-boy" of Boris or of this government but it has to be said that with regard to our vaccination plan I don't think that they could have done much more.
TBH it's little short of brilliant - and every single one of us will reap the rewards of that brilliance too.
For years to come.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Why should Boris join an infantile spat?
No, he's far better off doing just as he is now and letting the EU spit their dummies out IMHO.
They're doing a great job of making themselves the laughing-stock of the world all on their own without us sinking to their level.

Boris and his team have enough smarts to know that there are more ways than one of skinning the proverbial. - snipped to save electrons -
I was trying to be ironic and also thinking "what if" with my comment. I'd already stated he wasn't considering a ban.

As you intimate, the EU is literally turning itself into a clown school with all its stupid shenanigans. The sooner the EU Parliament takes on the Commission and repatriates all decision making back to their respective sovereign states the better for all concerned imho.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:24 PM

Retaliating would be a bad move fir companies wanting to leave the member states in favor of the UK. It would mean they would have as much uncertainty here as they do over there.

Sort our fishing, sort out the Irish border and start deregulation at full speed.

That should show we are moving forward like the proverbial speed boat.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Retaliating would be a bad move fir companies wanting to leave the member states in favor of the UK. It would mean they would have as much uncertainty here as they do over there.

Sort our fishing, sort out the Irish border and start deregulation at full speed.

That should show we are moving forward like the proverbial speed boat.
Our fishing is even now beginning to show signs of making progress, largely thanks to our own people rather than anything Boris has managed to do:
https://foxhole.news/2021/03/21/brit...e-post-brexit/

If this sort of thing continues, you never know: Boris's hand might just be forced!

Northern Ireland, of course, is another matter.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 09:59 AM

Our fishing is even now beginning to show signs of making progress, largely thanks to our own people rather than anything Boris has managed to do:

If this sort of thing continues, you never know: Boris's hand might just be forced!

This like the post I quote is off-topic and my apologies for that but I wanted to reply to that post.

So encouraging our own market and home consumption just like I suggested ages ago in these very forums could be beneficial is in fact turning out to be so, despite the suggestion being widely ridiculed when I suggested it?

I'd love to know why you think that "Boris's hand might just be forced" here when obviously the market is deciding the outcome (as it should) rather than politics?

NI is indeed another matter entirely.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 11:19 AM

This like the post I quote is off-topic and my apologies for that but I wanted to reply to that post.

So encouraging our own market and home consumption just like I suggested ages ago in these very forums could be beneficial is in fact turning out to be so, despite the suggestion being widely ridiculed when I suggested it?

I'd love to know why you think that "Boris's hand might just be forced" here when obviously the market is deciding the outcome (as it should) rather than politics?

You said that fishermen were stupid and didn't know what they were voting for. You then mocked every campaign to sell more fish locally and said Morrisons were wasting their time buying their own trawler.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 12:11 PM

That's exactly what needs to happenJBR !!
To take it further l think the UK fishermen should take matters into
their own hands and immediately start ignoring the EU quotas
as we are constantly told that we are in control of our borders??
It's time to test these assurances by putting them into practice ??
After all, what could EU do about it ??
DONT ANSWER THAT !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That's exactly what needs to happenJBR !!
To take it further l think the UK fishermen should take matters into
their own hands and immediately start ignoring the EU quotas

as we are constantly told that we are in control of our borders??
It's time to test these assurances by putting them into practice ??
After all, what could EU do about it ??
DONT ANSWER THAT !!
Firstly, if the government are as efficient at monitoring our own fishermen's catches as they are at monitoring the EU's catches, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Even if they do criticise or even prosecute our fishermen, they are going to lose even more votes... and 2024 continues to approach!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-03-2021, 12:26 PM

Returning to the original subject matter of the thread, what does it matter if the EU block sending any Covid vaccines to us?

I believe that we can make our own vaccines here in the UK without their help. I have said so before, and no-one has contradicted me!

Personally, I couldn't care less whether or not the EU dictators fail to vaccinate their people. In fact, if they continue to drag their feet, it is likely to result in their people revolting and, hopefully, the eventually collapse of their empire resulting in the restoration of a free Europe.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 12:30 PM

It is slightly off topic Zaphod, but it is related to thread by giving
reference to moving production back to UK from abroad ??
Imo most threads wander a bit and this is quite acceptable as long
as it is related.in some way ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍

Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top