Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 10:44 AM

Re: Favourite 'old' movies....

My eldest granddaughter (she's 18) came and stayed overnight with me on Thursday so we had a take-away (as she's just been awarded a Distinction in her studies so it was a treat for her) and decided to watch a film - we browsed my DVD shelf and she chose The King and I (good choice methought) but I wasn't sure what she'd make of it but she loved it - then spent the rest of the night saying 'etcetera etcetera' to everything and announced it is going to be her new saying

I'm glad she liked a favourite film of mine.

The other that I really like (she doesn't) is The Dirty Dozen - that film I can watch over and over again (well, as soon as my son brings it back I will .... )
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:43 PM

Two 1950s films are among my favourites.

Inn of the Sixth Happiness, with Ingrid Bergman

and

Love is a Many Splendored thing, with Jennifer Jones
(call me an old romantic, but I still enjoy hearing the song).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ-vJI6jypM
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 12:45 PM

Love story ... I watch it over and over and it still makes me cry
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 01:04 PM

Not so old, but I liked
Truly, Madly, Deeply - with Juliet Stevenson and Alan Rickman.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 02:11 PM

Rena - had to post re- Love is a many S T....
Saw this years ago - and 'sobbed'
Then i wanted my sister to see it but her partner was there, he said is there any war bits in it... I said yes ( the war bits lasted seconds) and at the end, sister and I, sobbed. then my hubby came along - and on came the film, we sat down to watch and at the end I ran to the kitchen, sobbing... Years later it came on - I must be fine now! So lets give it another try, but - at the end - again I had to leave the room !
We just discussed it due to your post - and tears welled up - I can 'never' see that film again !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2013, 02:13 PM

Karen - The King and I is a feel good movie and great songs - glad she liked it ! Etcetera - etcetera.......
Mark6262
New Member!
Derbyshire Dales
Mark6262 is male 

09-02-2013, 03:15 PM

Too many to list. I think my all time favourite is The Searchers. Others include, Laura,Arsenic and old lace, Harvey, The big sleep, Bringing up baby. etc etc etc.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 11:29 PM

Out Of Africa & Somewhere In Time.
Or pretty much any movie that has the wonderful music of the late great John Barry running through it.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 03:41 AM

I just watched The Lavender Hill Mob a couple of weeks ago and loved it!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 01:58 PM

Anyone remember Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? I used to love most films that had Bette Davis in them.

Also loved The Great Escape - but then I had a crush on Steve McQueen and a big poster of him on my bedroom wall

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top