Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 11:53 AM

Re: What Came First

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The thing about evolution is that the process is so sloooow. We could already have the makings of a new species here now but the difference is so small it is not noticeable.

No, evolution never goes backwards any backward mutation would not survive against the better, fitter, more able. Evolution can only bring improvement - of course it can also lead a specie to a dead end, dinosaurs, Neanderthals, dodos etc).
Given the link I posted (the one you replied to), what's your opinion given in that? Is that likely to happen do you think? I did wonder how that would come about but my knowledge about things like that is minimal to say the least.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'm glad to get an opportunity to voice my opinion on the origins of chickens and other important things. The start of the Bible is my favoutite bit, I think it goes something like this.
In the beginning their was nothing, then everything came from nothing
Any professor worth his salt will tell you that, now the big study in scientific circles is nothing, what exactly is nothing?, where did nothing come from? where is nothing going?, the questions are endless, only when we crack the hidden secrets of nothing will we know all about nothing and when you know all about nothing you will be granted the title, "Doctor of Pure Emptiness" or DOPE for short. One of our greatest DOPE's is a Professor M.T. Spacy of Yale University (He's been asked to run for President by the Republican Party) who said when interviewed on ABC TV recently "Nothing is the key to the future and the only way forward for mankind, cars will run on nothing, planes will fly on nothing, heck we can even eat nothing, When we crack the nothing code everyone will be able to hold a bunch of nothing in their hands, raise it the the sky, and thank the Government for giving us nothing, and we will all rejoice and sing together "I got plenty of nothing, nothing's plenty for me...".
I'll be doing some serious thinking about nothing from now on, I wannabe a fully fledged DOPE someday, I'm halfway there already.
Excellent
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
If the egg came first how would it get warm enough to hatch, let alone get across the road?
Ah - the logic of Twiz ... Cant beat it can ya
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Twizzle darlin' - Rod Hull is already deceased - he fell off the roof of his house while trying to 'fix' his television aerial some few years ago.
So is that Savile swine, Oom. That bird is out there somewhere!!!!!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 07:10 PM

Check post 30 - He is
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 07:12 PM

OMG not in this country?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Yes - but calm down gal - he's in a box
He cant get out .... forget about 'im
Think of nice things now - like breeches and bustles
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-05-2013, 06:02 PM

That's nice, but not calming........
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-05-2013, 06:30 PM

O'h calming - think of a nice ocean view, dolphins dancin in the waves, and a cool breeze washing over ya.... Hows that gal ....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top