Join for free
Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:02 PM

Re: Reincarnation

Why is it that different folks have varying propensity for certain subjects, some are natural Musicians, others great Authors, Mathematicians, Scientists, which bit of the DNA dictates this.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:17 PM

A medium once told me that we have to go through all walks of life, in order to reach Heaven, this life is purgatory or possible even hell. He reckoned that for a Virgo it was their last test in life.

Of course we can live on in genetic terms, as our genes go to form future generations, but that would be another issue.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Do you mean now or where we were previously from
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why is it that different folks have varying propensity for certain subjects, some are natural Musicians, others great Authors, Mathematicians, Scientists, which bit of the DNA dictates this.
What's that got to do with reincarnation SF?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Because somehow these traits may be passed from one soul to another?.

and maybe as such don't show say like your eye colour for example.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Have you never wondered how child prodigys come to be, it seems not from their parents, seems to be something they are born with, this insight - talent ....
I have pondered this - no conclusion really - it could be a 'past' talent - it could be a use of the brain, that the majority of us have not tapped into .....
Fascinating stuff anyway
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:42 PM

This is exactly what I said in another thread recently, can't remember which one now.
I once would have been the first person to 'poo-poo' theories like that Pats CG, but changed my mind after learning many things following the death of my dad 16 years ago. I do most certainly believe in reincarnation, but understand we are given "a choice" whether to return or not. As I said previously, someone who, for example, has always been extremely wealthy wouldn't have a clue what living in poverty and disease is like, so in order to "advance", they might choose to come back in a third world situation. On reflection, some might feel they have done bad things, or deeply hurt people, so they might choose to return in a life where they could serve people and make amends that way - who knows. But I do believe we've chosen our life blueprint before we arrive.
Feel free to call me crankey!
Agree with what you have said - thought the same for many years, it does make some sense ......
There has to be a purpose to life .....
The people that 'learn' and bring joy - have nothing to return for ......
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
There has to be a purpose to life .....
...Why?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-09-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
...Why?
I just believe all things have a meaning and a connection, if I put it simply when 2 strangers come together and almost immediately, there is a bond, they then go on to unify that bond and create magic, whether it be a love relationship, a duo like Morecombe and Wise, Laurel and Hardy, whose union brought such happiness to millions or - scientists that create a miracle in a lab ..... Its more than a fluke to me, there is for me - a magic that gives life depth and meaning.
Once you have found your soul mate - thats it, whether husband or wife - friend or partner, that gives life meaning and will never expire ...... Its just what I have 'always' believed from a child - cant shift that feeling .....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 01:19 PM

Not sure I want to start believing in reincarnation, not after I just flattened a fly. I mean he did look at me in a certain way and he was also overly friendly with me - as if he might have known me? Anyway he is off to his next body now ( maybe) and if he comes back as another fly then I am going to flatten him again .

Page 4 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top