Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Re: Ants............

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Yes I did..we were all bitten to pieces..my son's legs looked like raw meat...
"bitten to pieces?" isn't that the same as "bitten to bits" that someone was called on?

That aside, I can understand if a vet can't be afforded & in certain circumstances, I know all too well.
Just wanted to mention, even for others, that there 'are' alternatives. People don't have to live with fleas.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by AliceB ->
Me -

Gwyn
OK..sorry Gwyn...
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:35 PM

Here is a great link for Diatomaceous Earth. It's not just fleas, but any hard shelled little insect AND completely non toxic. I buy it at our Farm Supply store.

http://www.richsoil.com/flea-control.jsp
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
"bitten to pieces?" isn't that the same as "bitten to bits" that someone was called on?

That aside, I can understand if a vet can't be afforded & in certain circumstances, I know all too well.
Just wanted to mention, even for others, that there 'are' alternatives. People don't have to live with fleas.
I took the damn thing to the vets..cost me a fortune..as soon as he went out again ..he was hopping..me bitten.children bitten..I tried my best..but it was time for him to go..
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

03-05-2014, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I took the damn thing to the vets..cost me a fortune..as soon as he went out again ..he was hopping..me bitten.children bitten..I tried my best..but it was time for him to go..
Sorry "the damn thing" caused you so much misery.
lilac
West yorks uk

03-05-2014, 08:49 PM

Yes..it did..I am not like you autumn color..if anyone or anything gives my family problems..they must go!!
lilac
West yorks uk

03-05-2014, 08:56 PM

I have noticed that your ''sanctuary'' is based on rodents..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 10:23 PM

Well I would never give up my dogs because of fleas, but perhaps that's just me.
A continuing problem might be because of applying the product incorrectly, or a product the fleas have built up resistance to, or not treating bedding etc at the same time. As most pet owners already know, the correct amount according to the weight of the animal being treated is important too. Either way, I would certainly want to know why it wasn't working and if all else failed - I'd change my vet !!

Whoops, sorry, we're supposed to be talking about Ants aren't we.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 12:26 PM

our dog has flea drops every month right through the year from our vet.

well, yes Mups back to the marching ants!...........................
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 10:17 PM

usually a House spray from the vets, including flea treatment for the cat works . if it did not work I would be wanting to know why. And as some one suggested changing the vet. But I certainly would not get ride of my cats ..
I have found that flea/worming products from stores do not usually work ..

but back to ants ..looking in my garden today I can see no ants ..and I never use sprays or powders ..

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top