Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 04:28 PM

Re: Thieves!!!..

Yes Autumn colour..I am a great believer in Karma...
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
One of my neighbours hadn't been seen for a while..It was our local shop who called the police..as he was an elderly gentleman..but he was a drinker..

OK..police put ladder up to an open window..tried to get in but were both too fat..

My partner was asked if he could go in and open the door..the window was a bedroom window..he got in..and the man in question had died 3 months before..and was covered in maggots..
You sure have some doozies of stories, lilac!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 08:06 AM

Last Autumn I left my bedroom window open as the weather was unusually mild. Whilst asleep in that room, some-one attempted entry but was seen by my neighbours opposite and they shouted at the little scroat who beat a hasty retreat. I have a 'Polish' alpen stock, a wooden shaft 3' long with a 2" steel spike at one end and a heavy solid brass axe head handle. That weapon is beside my bed and anyone who now fancies entry into my 'pad' uninvited, is likely to either have their fingers chopped off , have a 2" steel spike protruding from one of their orifices or a severe head wound - they pays, their money, they takes rtheir choice.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 08:10 AM

After we were burgled years ago we took to keeping a weapon handy, trouble was when we actually talked about it neither of us could actually hurt anyone so we got rid of it and haven't changed our minds since. Anyone wants what we have is welcome to it I think not worth risking our lives or hurting someone over it all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
After we were burgled years ago we took to keeping a weapon handy, trouble was when we actually talked about it neither of us could actually hurt anyone so we got rid of it and haven't changed our minds since. Anyone wants what we have is welcome to it I think not worth risking our lives or hurting someone over it all.
Julie I don't have those qualms, anyone entering my 'pad' uninvited, runs the risk of being injured. The law has now been changed to allow householders to 'defend' themselves, so I will utilise that law change and injure anyone who attempts breaking into my place.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 08:51 AM

I don't doubt it UJ I just know we don't have it in us to hurt anyone so the weapon was just there for the burglar to use on us I thought.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Julie I don't have those qualms, anyone entering my 'pad' uninvited, runs the risk of being injured. The law has now been changed to allow householders to 'defend' themselves, so I will utilise that law change and injure anyone who attempts breaking into my place.
Are you allowed to own a gun?
More than likely, that's what 'they'll' have!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Joe me old pal, me old beauty... Best of luck. I just hope they are not younger, fitter or angrier than you, you'll get one shot at them before they beat the crap out of you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-05-2014, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Are you allowed to own a gun?
More than likely, that's what 'they'll' have!
Noooo no guns all we had was a cricket bat but not too many burglars carry guns over here mostly knives I believe.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2014, 04:47 PM

The irony of this thread is that today, somewhere in the village, a ruddy alarm has been going off intermittently for the past four hours!!!!, it stops for around ten minutes then starts again.

There are two that go off regularly during the late evenings and nights, one at the church opposite the flats, and one a hundred or so yards up the main road on a house. These two seem to be affected mainly by high winds and as far as I am aware, the police never turn out to investigate. The used to keep me awake when we first moved in, but over the years have got used to them and can easily drop off even when they are going full belt.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top