Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 01:09 AM

Re: Aromas that disappoint, and those that fulfill

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Really? I knew it was in cigarettes but not fuel. It makes you wonder how bad for you exhaust fumes are if the fuel burned contains those chemicals.
As far as this is concerned, the dangers of exhaust fumes/discharges from both diesel and petrol has been known for decades (I remember one of the arguments from pro smokers was that standing at a busy road junction for ten minutes could be as dangerous as smoking ten ciggies), so, it beggars the question why do pushchair manufacturers continue building forward facing pushchairs where the child is almost perfectly seated at exhaust height???
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Right folks calm down. I think quite probably the fault is mine, I thought that the content of my original post would have made it clear that the smells etc I was referring to were associated with food and drink. Hence it being about coffee, oranges, etc. then people then started posting about grass and hay and perfumes and I commented that we had wandered off topic, which as far as my original intention is concerned, we did. I apologise if that intention was not made clear.
Its OK gal - just went by the title of the thread and your post was just your particular tastes .....
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 06:27 PM

Good grief.... Nearly ALL threads wander and take odd turns... at least IMO that's what makes them interesting... and sometimes funny. Nothing to call out or get upset over IMO..
Magic
United States
Magic is female  Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 06:43 PM

I love the smell of pizza.....Yummy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Good grief.... Nearly ALL threads wander and take odd turns... at least IMO that's what makes them interesting... and sometimes funny. Nothing to call out or get upset over IMO..

That's very true Audrey, it's just the same when a group of people are talking 'face to face' and someone says something that reminds somebody else of another story.
Easily done.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Are we only talking about food? If so I'd say swap to Waitrose or grow your own - our food is so meddled with by the cheaper supermarkets that so much of what we buy does not taste how it is meant to

Re non-foods, I hate the smell of perfumes and aftershaves - they just smell of vile chemical crap imo the best smelling person I ever smelt (can I say that?) was an aromatherapist - natural oils trounce man-made-mainly-for-profit chemical concoctions any day of the week
I agree, can't stand them myself, love 'real' fragrance.
I love rubbing my lavender plant & my Lemon Balm plants, oops I'd better get planting those Lemon Balm!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I agree, can't stand them myself, love 'real' fragrance.
I love rubbing my lavender plant & my Lemon Balm plants, oops I'd better get planting those Lemon Balm!

Pinapple Mint!!!!! The best smelling plant.. and pretty too! It makes the BEST Mojito!

AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 02:00 PM

Well UJ... I don't spend my time with my nose in a gas can. However sometimes at a gas station.. the smell wafts under my nose.. and I like the smell of gas. Also, gas in a rain puddle makes the prettiest "rainbow" colors. Ever notice that?
Yes, all carcinogenics aside, I also love the smell of gas except if its leaking from a line under the car!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

06-06-2014, 02:02 PM

I agree but daisymay was very humble, give her some credit, hi daisy!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top