Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:28 PM

Re: Why is it...

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Because you don't wear restricting shoes on your hands
You're pullin me tail Mags
I heard its because toe nails had been cut wrongly .......
Hubs has a couple ingrowing ya know ........He did cut with a curve - tut .....
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
Yes, Linden, it would make a big difference.

If you get that message up on your laptop - and we have all been through this - just close the lid, and walk away from it. It is a fully automatic operation, and your laptop will close when it's ready.
Thanks Hanfonius.......the hours I've spent waiting for those darned things to install I'll just leave it to it's own devices now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You're pullin me tail Mags
I heard its because toe nails had been cut wrongly .......
Hubs has a couple ingrowing ya know ........He did cut with a curve - tut .....
Now would I do that Patsy?

When you think of it though, some of the pointed shoes we used to wear pressed into the outer edge of the big toes, hence squashing the toenail into the rounded shape, unlike the rest of your toes
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 06:48 PM

Yes I can see your 'point' there Mags
The thing is Hubs didn't wear them, so it has to be because he was cutting them wrongly. I have put him right now, but we have to solve the existing problem ......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yes I can see your 'point' there Mags
The thing is Hubs didn't wear them, so it has to be because he was cutting them wrongly. I have put him right now, but we have to solve the existing problem ......
My husband put up with a painful ingrowing toenail for a few years then last year he saw a Poditrist who cut and filed the offending nail and he's had no trouble since .... as my husband said at the time "that was £20 well spent".
Maybe your husband could try a podiatrist if the nail is becoming too painful, Patsy?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-07-2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My husband put up with a painful ingrowing toenail for a few years then last year he saw a Podiatrist who cut and filed the offending nail and he's had no trouble since .... as my husband said at the time "that was £20 well spent".
Maybe your husband could try a podiatrist if the nail is becoming too painful, Patsy?
I wish he would - gets on me nerves sometimes - stubborn he is, don't know whats best for him sometimes .....
So heres me looking up nail softeners, found one, sounds good on Amazon - so hopefully, the end of this saga is in sight !

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top