Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:41 PM

Re: Winter

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think winter will always be tinged with sadness for me. I lost my husband on a December day, part of me died that day and I can never forget that
That is sad Meg, I dread the day, TBH,May I send you a big hug .
X
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
That is sad Meg, I dread the day, TBH,May I send you a big hug .
X
Thank you Frances it is a long time ago, 30 years but feels like only yesterday .
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 07:12 PM

Winter is in the mind. I think of it as the lull before Spring
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think winter will always be tinged with sadness for me. I lost my husband on a December day, part of me died that day and I can never forget that

Try not to be too sad Meg, and remember you still have family who love you and need you.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:01 AM

Meg I really understand, I lost my husband this year and our wedding anniversary is Dec 23, his birthday is Dec 24 then of course Christmas. It will be hard this year and for a while I think. We both liked the winter snuggling up with hot chocolate watching Christmassy type movies. I have moved into our retirement house which has an open fie and near the sea and countryside, lovely winter walks for the dogs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Try not to be too sad Meg, and remember you still have family who love you and need you.
Thank you Mups it is something you can't avoid, it creeps up on you..

Originally Posted by Deborah2307 ->
Meg I really understand, I lost my husband this year and our wedding anniversary is Dec 23, his birthday is Dec 24 then of course Christmas. It will be hard this year and for a while I think. We both liked the winter snuggling up with hot chocolate watching Christmassy type movies. I have moved into our retirement house which has an open fie and near the sea and countryside, lovely winter walks for the dogs.
Deborah, it will still be very 'raw' for you particularly at Christmas and anniversaries (hugs).
I knew Weymouth well, we used to live in Dorset and went to the Spinnaker restaurant on the quayside now long gone I expect.

There are some beautiful walks down there I love the sea in the winter when it is wild and the beaches empty.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top