Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Re: Update for Patsy

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sorry to hear you not well Patsy,
I had never heard of pain magnets before.
Hope that you are feeling better soon,
Thank you Muddy - much appreciated

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Glad you are feeling a little better Patsy big virtual hug coming your way
Thank you Julie
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 03:24 PM

When will you get your ECG results Patsy, did they say?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
When will you get your ECG results Patsy, did they say?
The nurse didn't say Mups - I'm hoping as I've not heard anything that it was a blip and I shall be fine
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 02:25 PM

Aw, Patsy, I've only just seen this. Glad things have settled. I'm sure if the ECG had shown anything you would have been contacted by now.
Take it easy and keep away from those magnets!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 03:29 PM

Hi Patsy, Just found this thread and not sure what your symptoms are but over the past 8 years I had a problem where, occasionally, my heartbeat would go up to 200 beats a minute. It turned out to be some minor damage in the electrical route from my brain to my heart, to make it beat, that caused it. Heart problems are always worrying but mine has now been stopped by taking a very small dose of beta blocker and I have had no problems since.
When it used to happen to me I was frightened but the paramedics taught me that the best thing you can do , in these circumstances, is relax and just let them get on with their job, because worry makes things 10 times worse.
Therefore, my instructions to you are keep calm and don't worry, because we will all suffer if you are too ill to post.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-10-2015, 04:32 PM

Thank you for your reassuring post Twinky - a little bit o tear you caused there, but in a good way x
BTW - how do you get on with the beta blockers ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 04:46 PM

Patsy Steven has been on beta blockers since his stroke and they make him a little more tired than he should be but other than that he is fine on them. Better tired than another stroke he says.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-10-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Patsy Steven has been on beta blockers since his stroke and they make him a little more tired than he should be but other than that he is fine on them. Better tired than another stroke he says.
Interesting, I'll see how I go then and keep these in mind
I might get some sleep when I go to bed - bliss
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Thank you for your reassuring post Twinky - a little bit o tear you caused there, but in a good way x
BTW - how do you get on with the beta blockers ?
Hi Patsy, I am on such a small dose of beta blockers, 1.25 mg per day, so they haven't made an ounce of difference to me, apart from stopping my palpitations. We are all different and some get side effects from drugs so I would suggest to keep a short term diary and make a note of any changes, like feeling tired or other things that you notice. You may not get any but, if you do, just discuss it with your doctor because minor changes to the dose sometimes make all the difference.
I am diabetic, and over the last few years I have had this palpitation problem and been through cancer, but I have decided that I am not yet ready to leave this world and my oncologist said that my positive attitude will have made a considerable contribution to my recovery from cancer. So stay positive
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-10-2015, 06:14 PM

Always been a positive person Twinks - I have a Fabs to consider

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top