Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 06:32 PM

Re: Do older people lose their sense of humour?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh dear ... I read that as circumcision

Lol ... sommat wrong with me today

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 07:28 PM

Having humour in your nature always helps as you get older, I’ve mentioned before that in my area most people know each other since school days and the humourless ones only get worse as they get older, that fact cannot be denied as far as I’m concerned, it’s in front of me eyes every day, grumpy narky old sods the lot of them, what a jolly life they’ve had I’m sure, they seem to pass it on to their kids too.
My thinking is that when you reach 60 or so you have a choice, are to going to moan away the rest of your life because your getting old or are you going to make the best of it and have a good time whenever you can, I prefer to grab a few laughs and forget about growing old, use the free pass for all it’s worth in good weather and see parts of this lovely country I’ve never seen before, it’s working so far and I’m not complaining, well not much anyway.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 07:30 PM

You make sense to me Jem
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 07:40 PM

TPin said...

'As you get older do you lose your sense of humour?
What used to be funny do you now find offensive or childish?
Have your turned into a Victor Meldrew type of character?

I've noticed some of my older friends have become grumpy old fogeys, gone is the mischief, the glint in their eyes etc.
I hope I never get like this, I pride myself on my humour, the ability to laugh, a little bit of self deprecation when needed.'

Sad to say I think what you say there is absolutely true.
Being born in Liverpool and so am Scouser, our sense of humour is second to none.
And I can vouch for the fact that we keep it, as some of you may have noticed in this' ere forum with me!

Unfortunately, some people of my sort of age Always Look On The Sad Side Of Life.
They could do with a sense of humour transplant!

As for me?
I never really grew up.
I wuz even funny and rebellious when I wuz a lickle Babby!

Bless!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 07:53 PM

Yep, Scouse and Geordie humour are legendary, though the accents suck.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 07:55 PM

I've always had a great sense of humour and MrMags says I'm getting worse! I think I inherited it from my Dad
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've always had a great sense of humour and MrMags says I'm getting worse! I think I inherited it from my Dad
I think we may get worse Mags - I bashed me knee today and as I tried to walk along, I realised how funny I must look and that was it - giggles galore

Not a bad name for a bond girl - Giggles Galore
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Yep, Scouse and Geordie humour are legendary, though the accents suck.
No idea about the humour but I agree entirely about the Scouse accent
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 08:01 PM

Beats the hell out of that other Miss Galore, I mean who'd think of naming a Bond girl after an animal?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I think we may get worse Mags - I bashed me knee today and as I tried to walk along, I realised how funny I must look and that was it - giggles galore
Yes I think you're right Patsy, when MrMags is feeling low with his ailments I tend to make a joke about it and he soon sees the funny side of it too. Mind you, that doesn't mean that I'm not concerned about him but it does take his mind off things for a while...

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top