Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 06:56 PM

Re: What have you done today to make you feel good?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Sorted my wardrobes and drawers out. Chucking stuff away into charity bags, putting summer clothes in a big box and throwing loads of holiday and old gear into the bin.

Good for you, my wife sorted her draws out today and put them in the bin
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Floydy, Now you're all cleared out and sorted, l hope your next post won't be on the, 'Are You Ready To Die' thread!
Lol! No not quite at that stage yet, Artangel. Each winter I like to start afresh and make room for seasonal clothes, same as in spring - I don't like to see gloomy winter things in the cupboards.
Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Good for you, my wife sorted her draws out today and put them in the bin
Boom boom!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 08:45 PM

Hi

Well today I managed to walk 60 metres unaided

I also managed to lift 25 kgs.

I also managed to reduce my painkillers down from 8 to 6.

I know this sounds ridiculous to most, but it is a major achievement for me, I am getting better.

A few weeks ago I was so much better, my previous injuries mean that I will never be able to lift more than 40 kilos, but I could walk for an hour.

Subject to the Consultant tomorrow, I want to be back to normal in 4 weeks, I am very determined.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I know this sounds ridiculous to most, but it is a major achievement for me, I am getting better.

A few weeks ago I was so much better, my previous injuries mean that I will never be able to lift more than 40 kilos, but I could walk for an hour.

Subject to the Consultant tomorrow, I want to be back to normal in 4 weeks, I am very determined.
Good for you.

Good luck.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sorry to hear that swims Will you be ok to go fishing still?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 11:43 PM

I have been crying my eyes out tonight!
I like to get the pickled onions done, ready for Christmas! You can't beat a nice, crisp pickled onion to crunch on!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Sorry to hear that swims Will you be ok to go fishing still?
Hi

Thanks for the thought Duke.

My leg is a problem from time to time, very seriously injured in 1989, 6 operations and on crutches for years, compulsory medically retired in 1991, returned to work, part time in 1993.

Loads of hard work, but got there, from crutches, to two sticks, to one stick, to a brace to nothing,

The leg is an irritation, nothing more really, occasional use of the leg brace, having to drive an automatic.

The last incident with the leg was not good, but it will resolve itself, it just takes time and effort, I have plenty of both.

I have various bits of metal inside me, the Aortic scan showed up a problem with one of the bits having moved.

It is a problem, wait and see what the experts say.

I am an independent git, I am determined to get through this.

I will.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 11:01 AM

Today I joined all of my old watch straps together to make a belt. What a complete waist of time!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Today I joined all of my old watch strap together to make a belt. What a complete waist of time!
stop it EZ !!!! You don't belong on this forum if you have a sense of humour
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 01:44 PM

Sorry Myrtle. Maybe that should have gone into the jokes section, but A. It did make me proud and B. and more importantly, it wasn't funny.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top