Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 06:59 PM

Re: BREXIT in 14 MONTHS

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, specifically to prison where he belongs. Or perhaps one day someone will do us all a favour and 'top' him.
That's funny JBR, I was just thinking that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2016, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->

You can't do anything to secure that until you have no Europe to help pay the bills.

Well done! That's one of the funniest things I've heard for a while.

Europe helps us to pay the bills!

Surely, even you know that we pay them far more than they pay us back (with conditions, incidentally).

Still, you carry on living on fantasy island if that makes you feel happy.

Or, if you prefer, read this:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...s&utm_campaign

It seems that your little friend Drunker is becoming rather worried about other EU countries leaving the sinking ship - even your little hidey hole!
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 05:24 PM

Your humour may be less waste when you understand that the EU supplies the opportunity to earn a lot more than half your GDP...which pays your bills.

Do try to think further than the blatantly obvious.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I really would like to help, however I don't understand your figures.

The 90% for a start, that is the total amount of UK National Debt, a fantastic amount I would agree.

It is however less than France's 96%.

We also pay more into the EU than we get back, so I can't see where the EU is helping us.

and Greece's is over 150%. But they are not cutting off the biggest income earner in their bank balance.
Nothing to do with what you pay into the EU...another subject entirely.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 06:18 PM

Anyone else here think that holding Greece up as some kind or role model or shining example of EU membership is actually going to encourage anyone to regret wanting to leave?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
and Greece's is over 150%. But they are not cutting off the biggest income earner in their bank balance.
Nothing to do with what you pay into the EU...another subject entirely.
Hi

Neither are we, manufactured goods and foods will still be traded, but subject to tariffs.

As we import far more of them from the EU both sides will suffer, but we actually gain in financial terms.

The problem will be Services, who are not part of the WTO Agreement.

The French and Germans are after them, which a loss in income to the UK Government of around £64 Billion.

That would mean a 60% rise in Income Tax or else massive cuts to Benefits, including State Pensions.

Such is life, we will survive.

The other thing we could do of course is to become a Tax Haven like Luxembourg, slash Corporation Tax and attract EU Business Headquarters here,

VW, Porsche, Krupps, Siemens, Citroen, Peugeot could all be Headquartered here and pay much lower rates of Tax,

That would be quite funny.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 06:32 PM

The problem will be Services, who are not part of the WTO Agreement.

The French and Germans are after them, which a loss in income to the UK Government of around £64 Billion.
Which services specifically?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Which services specifically?
Hi

I haven't the faintest about all of the JBR, rely on my son for the figures.

Examples are Banking, Financial Services, Insurance amd Socks and Exchanges.

All these will need to be Passported, the French and Germans in particular are against this, it is a massive income stream for them.

It will be a big financial loss to the UK and these services are not easily provided elsewhere, Countries tend to protect their own.

We also supply large IT Services to the EU, especially to Local Authorities and Governments, once we leave they will only be tendered to EU Countries, so those we will lose.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-12-2016, 12:42 AM

Examples are Banking, Financial Services, Insurance amd Socks and Exchanges.
I thought that London and New York are the two world centres, without equal, for banking and finance. When we leave, I can't imagine that even Frankfurt would be able to replace London.

As for socks, I hadn't realised that we were world leaders in hosiery!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

01-12-2016, 09:12 AM

Hi

There is a simple misunderstanding here.

When we leave, there will be no Passporting to EU Financial Services.

They are not subject to WTO Rules.

These services are worth a minimum of £64 Billion a year to the UK Tax System.

The object of the exercise is to leave the EU at the minimum possible cost.

You and I could cope with a 20% reduction in Pubic Sector Pensions and a 10% Reduction in State Pensions.

The vast majority could not.

Time for a sense of reality here.

Yes we leave, but not at the expense of the most vulnerable.

Leaving immediately would make me Quids in

£300 a day for signing Advanced HACCP Certificates, and that is just for one Local Firm.

I will not do that, I could get £3000 a day, I will not do that.

My EX is getting £5000 a day as a lawyer on Brexit.

I will not have any of this.

It is the principle at stake.

A democratic decision to retain our own future.

That is what it is all about.

Yes we need to leave, but there is no rush, we need to leave on the best possible terms.

The best possible terms in my view being those who worked and struggled to provide to for their families, not those who have not and who have misused the system.

I have a vast amount of regard for those on here who have done that.

I have no regard at all for those who think that the world owes them a living.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top