Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2010, 12:58 PM

Re: On which other forums do you post?

Originally Posted by qetta ->
I couldn't get on with Facebook at all. I would get loads of offers of 'friendship' from young men from Africa. Now why would a chap in his teens/20s want to be friends with a woman old enough to be his granny? Hmmmmmmmmmmm!
Just reject them no prob.

Im on face book, very good way to keep up with close friends.

Have two TV stars as friends who I had meet before hand.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Just reject them no prob.

Im on face book, very good way to keep up with close friends.

Have two TV stars as friends who I had meet before hand.
I did reject them of course. If I want to contact a friend/family I will e-mail them or phone them, I wouldn't want to carry on a conversation on a networking site.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2010, 04:01 PM

I did reject them of course. If I want to contact a friend/family I will e-mail them or phone them, I wouldn't want to carry on a conversation on a networking site.

But thats just what we do on this site, except that we dont know one another.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
But thats just what we do on this site, except that we dont know one another.
I don't see the point?
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 09:31 AM

I post mainly on Dogsey.
Also on Weatherchatplus, I have an interest in the weather and enjoy reading their forecasts and the friendly banter there.
I go on Facebook to keep an eye on the Grandchildren and to keep in touch with long lost friends!
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 09:20 PM

I couldn't get on with Facebook at all. I would get loads of offers of 'friendship' from young men from Africa. Now why would a chap in his teens/20s want to be friends with a woman old enough to be his granny? Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Do I smell, I've never been lucky enough to have young men from Africa or anywhere else contact me!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
Do I smell, I've never been lucky enough to have young men from Africa or anywhere else contact me!
Me neither lol But I do have my settings set to prevent nutters in lol Only friends/family can actually view most of my account.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Facebook is like Hotel California: you can check out any time but you an never leave! I cancelled my account last year, and STILL get messages asking me to come back .....
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2010, 08:34 AM

I haven't had any young african men ask to be my friend on FB, it must be the photo someone posted of me and Pip!

I do have a lot of Scandinavian friends however, it's a shame I don't speak their language!
Dancingsky
None

06-10-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Facebook is like Hotel California: you can check out any time but you an never leave! I cancelled my account last year, and STILL get messages asking me to come back .....
So do I!

Now when I register with a forum I always use a disposable e-mail address, as I don't want to receive any e-mails from that source

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top