Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:52 AM

Re: The UK should pay closer attention

Hi

Well, as this is apparently the last Christmas we shall have before we become a bankrupt Third World Economy I suggest we make it a good one.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:54 AM

As it's Christmas and a new year looming may I suggest we all simply buy a house brick each ,wrap it in cling film ( easier to wipe clean afterwards) and rather than go through the painful motions of arguing with 'herr flick' one simply bangs oneself sharply over the head with said housebrick ..... yes there will be pain but get it over with once a day and I assure you it will be easier than the constant whining from our resident remoaner .... even a jumbo jet only whines for 8 hours max
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Germany and France will find other markets if they have to. They already have Canada to explore.
Canada will have less need to trade with th UK since it will have 27 other countries to find what they want and to sell to, creating a more sympathetic relationship.
To sell to half a billion with no need to follow different regulations is far more interesting than to sell to 65 million where you do.
I think Canada will be eager to trade with the UK as well, just as the Australians have indicated and I don't think it will take 7 years to form a trade deal.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
as it's christmas and a new year looming may i suggest we all simply buy a house brick each ,wrap it in cling film ( easier to wipe clean afterwards) and rather than go through the painful motions of arguing with 'herr flick' one simply bangs oneself sharply over the head with said housebrick ..... Yes there will be pain but get it over with once a day and i assure you it will be easier than the constant whining from our resident remoaner .... Even a jumbo jet only whines for 8 hours max
Or we could just wear blindfolds when looking at any EU threads!
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That depends on to whom you listen, I understand the EU is rapidly falling apart.

I see the UK as the leader in common sense, once we have left others will follow (if indeed there is anything to leave by then) and the whole corrupt club will disintegrate.

I think that is why people like you are so concerned, what other reason can you have for asking how we will live once we leave the EU , I don't get the impression it is down to 'friendly concern'
It certainly does depend on whom you listen to.

As I do live here perhaps you might like to stop believing UK rubbish and start to listen to what those about whom you speak are actually saying.

The EU is now becoming very united and is in fact becoming more united in the face of Brexit:

In the light of intra European "bias" I tried to find a remark from outside the eu:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ea9ab7733a44

I would say from here that this is accurate enough. It accords with the national news I read an hear. I do urge you to read it in the name of objectivity.

Every tie something happens in the EU mainland Beleavers cry "it's the end of the EU".
Bolox.
The EU has supported at least three countries in serious financial problem at the same time ans is still here. Every national election in France puts up the bogey of LePen...it never happens and wont happen this time either.
The Italian bank that was supposed to herald the downfall of Europe has merely asked for funds with Italy may well deliver. It doesn't touch the EU. The migrant crisis will be solved. Borders will be strengthened.

Saying the EU will collapse is like saying the US will collapse. It is another post truth British mirage designed to help you feel better about your biggest mistake. It is yet another remnant of pre-Brexit propaganda and as true as the red bus.

Why should I not be concerned about the welfare of the UK? I gave enough of my life to it...turns out it wasn't enough but there you go.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
As it's Christmas and a new year looming may I suggest we all simply buy a house brick each ,wrap it in cling film ( easier to wipe clean afterwards) and rather than go through the painful motions of arguing with 'herr flick' one simply bangs oneself sharply over the head with said housebrick ..... yes there will be pain but get it over with once a day and I assure you it will be easier than the constant whining from our resident remoaner .... even a jumbo jet only whines for 8 hours max
and I can only hope that in the new year you will stop calling people names , grow up and use facts instead of rants.
Tho it might affect your audience ratings it might give the impression that you know what you are talking about.

and while we are at it, I suggest that you see youtube for what it is...an open forum to spread hate. Anyone can do it...just key in "youtube kkk" into your browser. The idea that anyone can use it as a reference is frankly amazing.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:16 PM

https://youtu.be/mwdHdRVqqyg
Flicker
France

24-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I think Canada will be eager to trade with the UK as well, just as the Australians have indicated and I don't think it will take 7 years to form a trade deal.
Right. Apart from the wishsful thinking comment about 7 years, let's loko at the facts.

The EU has just concluded a trade deal with Canada where they don't pay tariffs on imports or exports between them.

Today, right now, the UK is part of this.

When the UK leaves the EU it won't be. So unless someone creative and intelligent in May's cabinet comes up with a miracle (hardly likely) then the trade with the UK and Canada will result in WTO tariffs. For some time...unless the UK says to Canada "we want the same deal you got with the EU". That is up to Canada to say.
Making exports to the UK more expensive for Canada. Plus Canada is selling to a far smaller market.

I know where I would concentrate my sale if I were Canada.

BTW how many goods do you see in the UK made in Canada?? I doubt we are discussing any deal that would save the UK economy.

UK goods and service exports to Canada were worth £7.5 billion in 2013. The UK is Canada’s sixth largest source of goods imports and second largest services trading partner.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...d-export-guide

That means Canada buys more from five other places. You would do better to try to retain the services you sell to the country.
7.5 billion is less than the UK govt topped up the NHS last year. It is hardly going to keep the UK afloat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
As I do live here perhaps you might like to stop believing UK rubbish and start to listen to what those about whom you speak are actually saying.
I can believe whatever I choose to believe based on my experience and what I can see with my own eyes and I certainly don't need anyone to tell me what I should or shouldn't believe.
The last person I would listen to would be someone who comes on here and posts numerous condescending and sarcastic post so you can save your breath on me Flicker and reserve it for you fellow countrymen who if they are anything like yourself clearly need someone to reinforce their misconceptions about the EU 'coming closer' as it flounders on the rocks of its own stupidity and corruption.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 12:34 PM

I'm sure we appreciate you trying to save us but one thing you ignore, we are an old country managed fine for many many years before eu. We are going to be fine if may be a bumpy ride for a while but we are ready for that.
We fought for our independence before we can do it again.

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top