Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 11:45 AM

Re: Should Animals be Used for Research ?

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
No, no, no, dear Ducky. THIS is 'gullible'.
Nicely worded though, I must say. Almost poetic.
That was precisely what I was talking about. I did write poetry at one time, thanks for the 'almost ' recognition..
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I believe this used to be so as the bristly hairs on the skin scrape off quicker and easier. I have no idea whether it still goes on.

-(
There has been footage taken in the last couple of years. Oddly, after it had hit the social media, two massive units containing 100's of pigs went up in flames. All burnt alive.

According to reports there was nobody on site to raise the alarm.

Quite fantastic and questionable, if that is the truth.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I'm with you on that rips, and I make a point of buying cosmetics with no animal testing involved
What I don't understand is that cosmetics not tested on animals quite often cause problems/reactions for the wearer. You would think that results from previous testing would be freely available for new products.

I am totally against all animal testing. I'm sure a computer could predict most of the results required.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 12:17 PM

Do they ?
I have never heard this .
Cosmetics have been around long enough I would think everyone would be aware of any effects by now .
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

06-01-2017, 03:51 PM

Unilever have a system for people testing certain items such as deodorants other products that could cause allergies etc. Whether or not that is the last in the chain of research I don't know. Possibly.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:06 PM

As is often the case, Bruce has advanced the most rational argument here (Post #6).
As far as it goes - which is using animals to determine the efficacy of certain substances on animals.

Using animals to pre-test possible impacts on humans may be more problematic for some.
Cosmetics and the like, never - in my opinion.

However, if the life of a child of mine could be saved only because the treatment had been researched for years on animals ?
Every bloody time, mate !

Pity chimps, rabbits and the like seem the most suitable.
Now if we could use ........... cats ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
As is often the case, Bruce has advanced the most rational argument here (Post #6).
As far as it goes - which is using animals to determine the efficacy of certain substances on animals.

Using animals to pre-test possible impacts on humans may be more problematic for some.
Cosmetics and the like, never - in my opinion.

However, if the life of a child of mine could be saved only because the treatment had been researched for years on animals ?
Every bloody time, mate !

Pity chimps, rabbits and the like seem the most suitable.
Now if we could use ........... cats ?
Or Aussies?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

06-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Yes, well if we all lived in the outback, there'd be no need for hairspray, hair dye, perfumes, washing powder, artificially generated organs, vaccinations, processed food, chemicals to make food grow more quickly, chemicals to make food more red, chemicals to make cleaning fluids, chemicals to put in wine, plastic by the ton, disinfectants, nuclear experiments on piglets ( where they put them in a tube the same size and blow them up with radiation, they don't all come out dead ! ) We don't need mink coats, 60 minks for one coat.

At the end of the day, there is no need to keep animals caged without any physical contact with their own kind, for 30/40 or 50 yrs There is no need to use a 50,000 pigs each year for experiments such as :
one pig: US military trauma training.“They shot him twice in the face with a 9-millimeter pistol, and then six times with an AK-47 and then twice with a 12-gauge shotgun. And then he was set on fire !! Lived for 15 hours afterwards.

The general consensus is that we are living too long, so science seems to be developing more to keep us alive for longer . The world population is about to explode, which means more wars created by those who want more land for their own people, e.g. China.

Now the 'Liverpool Pathway' has been finally stopped, the pensioners are being blamed again for living too long,. (strange we didn't hear that when it was in force) but they are trying to make us live longer.....
Instead of more and more experiment (with animals) they need to decide where all the bodies of the dead will end up, where all the garbage will end up and where all the convicts will end up. Make a place over populated and uninhabitable and crime soars.

Thinking that I may have gone off track a little, but hey ho, nothing new.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Or Aussies?

Well we could be a bit more lenient here Tpin, we could vote for Aussie's who moan for more than one week without a break.

So far Pummy has been complaining for at least one month - so he's definitely first.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

experiments such as :
one pig: US military trauma training.“They shot him twice in the face with a 9-millimeter pistol, and then six times with an AK-47 and then twice with a 12-gauge shotgun. And then he was set on fire !! Lived for 15 hours afterwards.

Once again I question the mind of the person able to do this as a daily job.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top