Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 08:16 PM

Re: Favourite Perfume/Aftershave?

too much information!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 08:48 PM

I used to buy Dior by Christian Dior, Estee and Cinnabar by Estee Lauder and a few other expensive perfumes, but I can no longer afford them.

Don't know if you know this or not, but you should never leave perfume on top of your dressing table as it goes off. Always store the bottles in their boxes and in a drawer.

I've still got a bottle of Charlie by Revlon from years and years ago and it's still good.

I've got Chanel No 5, Worth by Je Reviens, four bottles by Paris Hilton and several others, but I rarely wear perfume these days.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2011, 12:18 AM

Yes I think its a thing that goes withdoing your face and getting ready to go out. Living in the country you dont dress the same as when you are in town, and make-up even seems to be a bit over the top, unless its just me. I usually have perfume for Christmas but this year I wont ask for it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2011, 12:21 AM

Exactly Annie. I have no cause to get dressed up any longer because I don't go anywhere except for a very rare occasion, but getting dressed up means putting on make-up and applying perfume.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2011, 10:18 AM

I used to use 'Au Sauvage' aftershave but CD have phased this out, so Jean bought me a bottle of 'Obsession' - which is perfumed with Cinnamon - I now smell like a cake!!!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

10-12-2011, 08:21 PM

Well thats perfect for you.......you like cake dont you!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Well thats perfect for you.......you like cake dont you!

Absolutely Annie darlin, absolutely!!!!
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 12:35 PM

Charlie, theres a blast from the past, I used to use that.

I have to be careful with perfume as a lot of them bring on my migraines either on me or others especially as another poster said if I am in the car with someone wearing the offending perfume or aftershave. Usually avon.

I tend to stick to Anais Anais now as I love the smell and it doesnt affect me but I do like chanel so I may try that for a change. If I buy one that affects me I give it to my daughter so she doesnt mind too much.

I love musky smell and I also love the smell of oils especially pachouli (sp) and ylang ylang
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 01:38 PM

I love Estee Lauder's White Linen. Not a heavy Scent but blooming expensive.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 03:59 PM

I always love Saturday nights, a nice long bath, then after a good close shave I like nothing better than a liberal splashing of 'Old Spice' on my jaws, gives me that fresh clean young feeling again. then I take out a fresh pure white shirt, sling it on and I'm ready for action!. then I go downstairs and fall asleep in the armchair.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top