Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 01:13 PM

Re: What will we miss from Europe ?

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Oh yes, I"ll drink to that. Well not quite now , but later at wineoclock.
Californian wine I hope.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Oh yes, I"ll drink to that. Well not quite now , but later at wineoclock.
Me too in an Australian Sauvignon Blanc, none of that EU rubbish
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 02:45 PM

Hi

Well if we do leave without a deal, then the WTO Tariff on wine is 32%, that will hit the EU, particularly France, Spain and Italy hard.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
A pity but I don't think we will see the back of the Euro Vision even though it is the most hideous thing on TV
Of course. It will give the rest of the EU yet another way to show their dislike of us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
The question is what will you (not) miss and all you can think of is food and drink and popular music.

How about the billions you get in grants to improve the infrastructure of the UK?
The billions you get to support the farming industry that gives you the food you are so obsessed with?

The billions you get in funding for scientific research and development?
Oh dear. Oh dear. Woe is me.
How are we going to make up all the money we get from those generous EU handouts?

Oh, hang on.

Don't we pay in twice as much as we get back?

Oh, I forgot about that.

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Or the universities will be hard pressed to recruit the best minds and best students?
Really? Who are these best minds and best students?

From France, perhaps?

(You stupid woman!)

We already have the best minds and best students. FLIcker is fooling herself again.

Finally, I'd just like to apologise for having read her idiotic post. I don't usually bother, but I just couldn't resist this time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 07:59 PM

Now that 'we' are officially no longer members of the EU, 'our' MEPs (including that useless git Farage) should cease being paid as Euro MPs and cease attending the Parliament, along with 'our' Commissioner(s).
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Now that 'we' are officially no longer members of the EU, 'our' MEPs (including that useless git Farage) should cease being paid as Euro MPs and cease attending the Parliament, along with 'our' Commissioner(s).
And he should change his bloody name, I have to use a mock French accent when I say his name
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How are we going to make up all the money we get from those generous EU handouts?

Oh, hang on.

Oh, I forgot about that.

From France, perhaps?

(You stupid woman!)

We already have the best minds and best students. FLIcker is fooling herself again.

Finally, I'd just like to apologise for having read her idiotic post. I don't usually bother, but I just couldn't resist this time.

Bloody hell I do wish you wouldn't Quote it.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

Pretty sure that we're not out yet..
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2017, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Oh, hang on.

Oh, I forgot about that.

From France, perhaps?

(You stupid woman!)

Don't apologise JBR, I have her on my ignore list, so the précis was interesting

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top