Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 05:47 PM

Re: Thursday A day not to forget

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Why? I thought the animals and soldiers fought alongside each other in the wars?
maryl - They did, you are correct, furthermore they are still doing that in Afganistan today, I find it somewhat bizzare that people can not recognise this fact, and since Sweep was kind enough to mention the purple poppy idea I will remember both with equal gratitude for their sacrifices in future.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Sweep, please carry on posting, don't leave. You've done nothing wrong at all.
Hear hear, please don't go

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
People's feelings get hurt and their first reaction is to quit. It might not be your best move to do so. Who will fight for animal or human rights if we all turn our backs, put our tails between our legs and run.
Bob has put his finger right on it, there's a sort of knee jerk reaction we humans have which is 'To hell with them I'm quiting' it gives us a sort of emotional 'high' but he's right if you leave it's the easy option, please stay and continue to post your thoughts.

Originally Posted by telmar ->
Sweep - it's me again. Just watched Remembrance Service on BBC and at exactly 12.08, there was the 'march past' for the animals! Please reconsider - Maggiexx
Yes Sweep, again I say please reconsider. How I wish Azz would put an 'ignore' button on this board, you wouldn't beleive how many people I've got on 'Ignore' over on Dogsey
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 09:04 PM

I wish Azz would contact Sweep and beg her to stay with us.
I feel very uncomfortable that Sweep should even think about apologising and leaving, also that this well meant thread has conflict in it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 09:42 PM

Sweep, please reconsider your decision. Hope you drop in and read the messages of support you have. In my humble opinion, you have done nothing wrong........
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 09:57 PM

Please do not leave the forum, Sweep, because of those who have said what they did. I was brought up to remember all the animals who were killed on the battlefields and those who were killed during the bombings, should be remembered on Remembrance Day. They were always included in the prayers at the church I went to and the minister always told the congregation to think of them during the two minute silence.

Don't let anyone have you leave. I do hope you come on here and read all the lovely messages given above.

xxxx
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 10:41 PM

Please don't leave, Sweep!!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2010, 12:10 AM

Has anyone got Sweep's e-mail address - perhaps someone could send her an e-mail?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2010, 12:14 AM

Sweep, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if your opinion upsets someone then that is their problem not yours.

They are the ones who have to live with it not you so do not leave because of that.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Sweep, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if your opinion upsets someone then that is their problem not yours.

They are the ones who have to live with it not you so do not leave because of that.

Its a shame that people have to leave because they cannot except other points of view.

I am with all that want Sweep to come back.

I am also the only one that wants Dancingsky to come back.

I dont think any one you posts an opinion has to live with it if they believe it. If some one throws their toys out of their pram and threatens to leave because there is an opposite view... then leave.

Think its a shame we have lost Dancingsky
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 05:30 PM

I know Sweep is on Dogsey; do they have a PM system as we do here and on Catsey? Perhaps someone could contact her and ask her to read this thread .....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top