Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:19 PM

Re: I would love to know your thoughts on this!

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You do know that you can go to House of Commons and "Lobby" your MP or even others including Ministers?
Not as easy as it used to be unfortunately, but I have done this in the past, when you walked in and gave the name of the MP you wanted to talk to and your name and address to the desk sergeant, who would pass it on to a messenger and if you were lucky the MP would come to see you in the lobby.
Thank you Purwell. Unfortunately I live too far from London so wouldn't waste my time going to see them there, but I do get adequate results from writing to my MP.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well done twink I like to think new generations coming along will have that can do attitude too, it's up to all of us to make a decent society sounds like you are doing your bit.
Thanks Julie! We all have a tendency to think that others all think as we do, but they often don't, and MP's have a tendency to think that we would all agree with their ideas. They also don't know all the problems in their area, even if they make the effort to, so I think that advising them of problems and thoughts, helps them do their jobs better.....I also like to have a moan when they aren't
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:50 PM

I reckon you two should run for parliament. A lot more would get done.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

24-04-2017, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I reckon you two should run for parliament. A lot more would get done.
You may be right! Julie and I are often on opposite sides of a discussion, but we both want people to be safe and fairly treated.... so we usually find a happy compromise.
Julie is the kind caring one, and I try to keep the men under control ( with use of a pillow when necessary ) so we could create a peaceful world.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You may be right! Julie and I are often on opposite sides of a discussion, but we both want people to be safe and fairly treated.... so we usually find a happy compromise.
Julie is the kind caring one, and I try to keep the men under control ( with use of a pillow when necessary ) so we could create a peaceful world.
I'm not sure about that I have the waxing strips ready for them when they get out of control twink, I think it's very possible you are the kind caring one really
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Pillow violence to create a peaceful world?

Who said, fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 01:31 PM

Hi

Interesting thread.

I live in North Shropshire, apparently the safest Tory Seat in the Country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...t_constituency)

My MP is very wealthy in his own right and also married money.

His politics are somewhat to the right of Attila the Hun.

I feel that my vote is valueless.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Interesting thread.

I thought here in Surrey we had that distinction, long line of very rich men never worked a day in their lives, set up to do politics by families at about two years old.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

24-04-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Pillow violence to create a peaceful world?

Who said, fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity?
But Ploppy We will lie you down on a comfortable bed and Julie will nip out to get the waxing strips. They only hurt a little, but to save you the pain I will put some soothing music on and cover your face with the pillow for 15 mins , to remove all the light. By the time Julie gets back you wont feel a thing when she waxes you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Interesting thread.

I don't view any vote a 'valueless' Gibbs, all votes have a value in that they add to the total of votes for one candidate.

Even if one candidate has a large majority, that number can rise or fall at an election giving an indication of the feelings of the voters in that area since the last election. That can influence policy.

If everyone considered their vote to be valueless no one would ever vote and then where would we be.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top