Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 11:15 PM

Re: child poverty 2017 in britain - does it exist ? PROF

It is the luck of the draw if you live in a well paid area instead of an ares of high unemployment.There are still areas of high poverty and the Government could do much to help the situation. Children in these areas will always live in poverty

Also all living standards in many Countries have increased and people expect better standards for there families too.

This can't happen on a very low income due to the ever increasing cost of living.

The Government could pay businesses to relocate to these areas instead of wasting billions on Foreign Aid.

Many families get into huge dept at Christmas as they can't bear to see disappointment on there children's faces
Children simply do not understand that Mummy and Daddy can't afford to buy expensive presents, when some of there friends have everything they wish for.

Also credit is till available through the many free Catalogues and it is so easy to get into dept.

Not many people want to scrimp, and make do and mend, as they did years ago or even darn socks.

And fast food is the favourite for many these days.

The Rich get richer and the poor get poorer, and it was always thus, because that is how the Banks and government prefer it.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 11:27 PM

thank you all very much for your contributions on this thread. very interesting to read all of them.

I can not help but think that this governmeant want London to be a private city for the rich and want to push out the less well off which I feel is unfair. I do understand people are abusing the system but I also no this amount of money is nothing copared to the ones at the top dodging tax's so again its unfair. we really need to have a long hard think about the next steps instead of them all keep passing the bucks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2017, 09:54 AM

There's a lot of poverty in richer areas too, it's just better hidden. The rich people need the poor to service their lifestyles but pay a pittance for it. We even have slavery in this country again. People living in basements and attics not paid but beaten into working.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top