Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 11:22 PM

Re: Do political views change with age?

if you have loads of Cushelle multipacks, can you ever be left wing again or, do you need Cushelle, if you blow your own Dung Trumpet?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
The reason I asked the question was because I was starting to suspect as people got older their political views moved slightly to the right of Genghis Khan but it’s good to see this is not always the case.
In that case, anyone slightly to the left is a snowflake.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
They don't care, full stop. Too far up their own dung trumpets.
That made me laugh Purwell (that's twice in two days)
I shall have to get an odd job man in to clean it out. Can you recommend one?
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:59 PM

Genghis Khan as one of my best friends told me when I was 18 I thought him a bit of a trendy leftist

I have always been right wing
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 11:25 PM

My political views were certainly more black and white, making me inclined to follow my party's platform. However, as I have become older, experience and education have inclined me to be more issue-centered and moderate. The one issue in which I have remained most intransigent is fiscal responsibility.

All that said, I think my political views have changed less that politicians' and society as a whole - both of which, at times, have left me frustrated, shaking my head, and mystified.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top