Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 09:50 PM

Re: Are You Proud Of Your Roots?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The male members would have been bouncing around in a testosterone-fueled frenzy at such a thread title
Do you think, they would feel the same about, ‘ bum fluff’!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you think, they would feel the same about, ‘ bum fluff’!
ooer do they shave down there? lol

Perhaps we need another thread for male personal grooming habits in the over 50s macho man
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 10:01 PM

ooer do they shave down there? lol

Perhaps we need another thread for male personal grooming habits in the over 50s macho man
Annie, I could’ve sworn bum fluff grows on male chins, not on bum cheeks!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2017, 10:22 PM

Being an Irish Mick but you wouldn’t know it because l have an English accent, l don’t know a lot about my roots.
My family came to live in England when l was 4years old.
I know that my mother was brought up by her grandmother, a teacher and her spinster aunt, also a teacher who never married as her fiancé was killed in a war. My mother was sent to live with them as her brothers and sisters were dying from TB.
My mother was given a good education and sent to secretarial college.

My dad’s family had a haulage business and he drove lorries. He was very handsome, charming and sang in singing contests that he won!
Because we came to England, we only saw our grandparents once a year when we went to Ireland. I think, l only saw my mother’s widowed mother once when she came to the UK, she was a battle axe!

My brother did look into our ancestry but came to a full stop as at some point, the records office was burnt down!

My mother always said, we came from the Kings of Ireland and there’s a castle in my dad’s surname in the area where l was born!
It’s ok, there’s no need to bow !!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 10:49 PM

Annie, I could’ve sworn bum fluff grows on male chins, not on bum cheeks!!
Lol oops! you're right of course now I am reading it again, but on first sight I was thinking that it might be just another over 50s males' random sprouting issue! Like hairy ears and noses
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yep Very. I'm a true daughter of the Jacobites and feel as strongly about Scotland as they did..

Good for you Roxy. As a mere Sassenach, I didn't know much about the Jacobites but I have been reading up on it a bit lately and can totally understand their plight.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 11:44 PM

The male members would have been bouncing around in a testosterone-fueled frenzy at such a thread title
I presume you mean the male membership?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-11-2017, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I presume you mean the male membership?
that too
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2017, 11:50 PM

I wouldn't say proud, I am who I am

Born and bred is south London from Irish parents, life was tough as a nipper, same as it was for many of us

However now I'm resident in NI, I'm more aware of my 'roots'
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 02:36 AM

Being an Irish Mick but you wouldn’t know it because l have an English accent, l don’t know a lot about my roots.
I was adopted so I don't know a lot about my roots, but I know that my birth-mother was Irish. I have never looked particularly Irish (no pale skin, ginger hair or freckles ..... ) but I was diagnosed with haemochromatosis, the "Celtic Curse", a few years ago.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/haemochromatosis/

Haemochromatosis most often affects people of white north European background, and is particularly common in countries where lots of people have a Celtic background, such as Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

You're at risk of developing the condition if both of your parents have this faulty gene and you inherit one copy from each of them.

If you only inherit one copy of the genetic fault, you won't get haemochromatosis, but there's a chance you could pass the faulty gene on to any children you have.
So, although I was born in Stratford-upon-Avon, if my mother was Irish, it's possible, even probable, that my biological father was Irish, too .....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top