Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 11:17 AM

Re: Taking benefits from poorly people

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
She isn't isolated or lonely, she has 6 grown children . I m upset because she is a proud lady who hates taking her kids money when they have families of their own with mouths to feed. Her children would help out but if I know her she wouldn't burden her children with her worries. She's too poorly to work most days she rarely has good days.
LQ , this lady must have back up that she’s too poorly to work .....doctor ?
Whoever has said no more sicknotes ....I take it this is the DWP ... Jobcentre will have advised her of her options .
I know this because of years of dealing with DWP cases .
Bad as the DWP are they simply do not drop benefits without telling why and what options are available .

I’m interested in what this disability component she claimed but you say has been taken away .
One such could be that she was eligible for DLA at one time but because of the PIP rules she doesn’t qualify for it now because PIP is about how your illness affects your life notwhatit is .
She ought to have ample ways to describe how the emphysema and Chrohns affect her?

Thousands of DLA claimants have lost out ,one of my friends has lost £300 a month with now only ESA to live on .

Btw when does this lady become eligible for her state pension ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
She isn't isolated or lonely, she has 6 grown children . I m upset because she is a proud lady who hates taking her kids money when they have families of their own with mouths to feed. Her children would help out but if I know her she wouldn't burden her children with her worries. She's too poorly to work most days she rarely has good days.
If they are willing to help their mother they should be allowed too between six it is less of a burden .
They are grown ups and won't want to see their sick mother in need dont they notice she is not well?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 01:44 PM

One or two of them I think should be fighting her corner with the DWP I say fight because that’s exactly what it is . They should push for her to be awarded the Care component of PIP by describing every minute thing that affects her daily life .It will not sit well with the assessor if an appointment is granted [and if it is you can ask for a home visit btw ] if you tell them you go swimming and walking because they see that as you being fit to go out looking for work .
If it takes several hours to leave the house because of the breathing and bowel conditions it needs describing . They would ask how many times a day ,so you put down the worst scenario and so on,maybe if the undergarments get soiled and a change is needed for example .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 03:00 PM

She should be entitled to PIP if what you say about her illnesses is true.

Sadly, it seems the government's mission is to get as many people as possible off benefits.
Zuleika
North West UK

26-02-2019, 03:40 PM

As I keep repeating it’s how the illness /disability affects everyday life ,me having the Disability Rights handbook in front of me reading from it.
No use anyone trying to persuade an assessor for the DWP who will need to see you face to face that a person should be entitled .
They work on points and you need to get them .
No one who goes out [classed as able to ]walking and swimming is going to get the “daily living component “ unless “ [ quoting from the rules]your ability to carry out daily activities is limited or severely limited by your physical or mental illness.”

Can you see the difficulty already ?

Mobility activities mean Moving around and Planning and following journeys .

This is all very different to how DLA was awarded .

Without details of what benefit this lady is on it's difficult to advise her but maybe ESA , [employment and support allowance ]is one to apply for,she could be assessed as having " limited capability " to work owing to illness or disability"
But as I've advised it needs the help of a person experienced in these rules ,a Welfare Rights Oficer ideally , and I've explained previously where these can be found .
WRO' s are not part of the DWP. They are there to advise you what you're entitled to .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
She should be entitled to PIP if what you say about her illnesses is true.

Sadly, it seems the government's mission is to get as many people as possible off benefits.
It's true Ffosse, I wouldn't say my friend is very ill if she wasn't, I see her struggle to breathe, I see her in pain with her Crohn's, I see the fear and pain in her face and hear the fear in her voice.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well if she has no immediate family LQ then you're the one - girth to it lady!
If you are suggesting I help her out I have offered and she declined, she has a lot of pride. She did let me pay for her meal last week at a restaurant but that was because it was her birthday.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

26-02-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
LQ , this lady must have back up that she’s too poorly to work .....doctor ?
Whoever has said no more sicknotes ....I take it this is the DWP ... Jobcentre will have advised her of her options .
I know this because of years of dealing with DWP cases .
Bad as the DWP are they simply do not drop benefits without telling why and what options are available .

I’m interested in what this disability component she claimed but you say has been taken away .
One such could be that she was eligible for DLA at one time but because of the PIP rules she doesn’t qualify for it now because PIP is about how your illness affects your life notwhatit is .
She ought to have ample ways to describe how the emphysema and Chrohns affect her?

Thousands of DLA claimants have lost out ,one of my friends has lost £300 a month with now only ESA to live on .

Btw when does this lady become eligible for her state pension ?
She has been to the doctor on numerous occasions with her health being as it is and it is the doc that gives her sick notes. I haven't seen the letter as I haven't seen her since Sunday but it was on the end of the letter DWP sent telling her she can't have the 30 quid or so back they took from her, it said something on the lines of please don't send anymore dick notes unless needed! Fgs, do the think she sends in sick notes in for the fun of it? She's very poorly for goodness sakes.

She questioned them today that last year they agreed she is very limited in what work she could do which is why they awarded her it so what has changed? Her circumstances with her health is the same as it was last year and they turned round and said that rules have changed since UC came in.

She is 61 years old won't retire until she is 67.

I am thinking what company is going to take on a sick woman and if they did she would most like get sacked with the time off she would need due to illness, some days it's debilitating.

My friend has a degree in social policy and would dearly love to go out to work, she had to give up work due to her health.

She is going to appeal but she isn't holding out much hope. She has cancelled her membership where she swims to try help her lungs because she can't afford it anymore.

Universal credit is wrong and causing people to take their own lives.
Zuleika
North West UK

26-02-2019, 07:50 PM

LionQueen I understand what you're saying and I realise that if you're not knowledgable about the system you think it unfair and it is but these people who work for the DWP cannot go against the rules , which is why everything they do is based on what their rule book tells them .
You don't say what your friend is appealing against ?
The reason she has bee told not to send in any more sick notes isn't beacause of what you might think it is . There might be something going on that doesn't require them to see any more.

As I keep saying tell your friend what I'm advising having lots of experience behind me , that is to get the address of her nearest Welfare Rights office and make an appointment .This can be found by Googling Welfare Rights and your town . They are not the DWP .
They will sort everything out for her . These people are trained to know what you're entitled to believe me .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

26-02-2019, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
LionQueen I understand what you're saying and I realise that if you're not knowledgable about the system you think it unfair and it is but these people who work for the DWP cannot go against the rules , which is why everything they do is based on what their rule book tells them .
You don't say what your friend is appealing against ?
The reason she has bee told not to send in any more sick notes isn't beacause of what you might think it is . There might be something going on that doesn't require them to see any more.

As I keep saying tell your friend what I'm advising having lots of experience behind me , that is to get the address of her nearest Welfare Rights office and make an appointment .This can be found by Googling Welfare Rights and your town . They are not the DWP .
They will sort everything out for her . These people are trained to know what you're entitled to believe me .
Thank you I will tell her about this, I've just searched the link and inboxed it to her

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top