Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 11:23 PM

Re: How Many Of You Ate Your Christmas Dinner Off A Tray, In Front Of The Television?

I can't eat off my lap, well not unless it's just something like a sarnie or similar.
Using a knife and fork for a proper dinner I always seem to drop it before it gets to my mouth.

I haven't got nice long thighs to balance a tray on properly either, as I've only got short legs.
It must be easier for men because they haven't got boobs to get in the way.
I wonder how men with big beer bellies manage though?
Funny the things that go through one's mind sometimes. . .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 11:25 PM

Re: How Many Of You Ate Your Christmas Dinner Off A Tray, In Front Of The Television?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
we sat in front of the tele eating from our 'tables' we have fold away single tables. There were only the three of us and we all chatted whilst we ate from our individual tables. We never eat at our table in the kitchen, in fact it serves no purpose except to dump stuff on it lol.

I don't feel it's wrong to sit and eat in the living room, we still converse in fact we never shut up!
Bet you wish you had a Yorkshire pudding like this homemade beauty for your dinner. Made by my own fair hands. Aunt Bessie? Pah!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201226_170638.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	14377  
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 10:17 AM

I do sometimes eat in front of the telly, as I have a small stool that a plate can go on. Usually where I eat an evening meal when wanting to watch Emmerdale.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Bet you wish you had a Yorkshire pudding like this homemade beauty for your dinner. Made by my own fair hands. Aunt Bessie? Pah!
Ooh that looks good!
My son moans on the rare occasion that I don't make what he likes to call a "proper" Yorkshire pud with a Sunday dinner.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 04:08 PM

I had a bacon and egg sarnie. I haven't bothered with Christmas dinner for at least 20 years.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I had a bacon and egg sarnie. I haven't bothered with Christmas dinner for at least 20 years.
Ah. Egg under blanket. Lovely.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
In many ways I would prefer that to a full-blown Christmas dinner.
You really cannot beat a good bacon and egg sarnie.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 05:31 PM

Hmm ... I'm going to have to drag the frying pan out of the cupboard again now.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That looks delicious, Judd.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That looks delicious, Judd.
It was, and is. Half yesterday. Half today - reheated along with some left-over roast spuds, some sausage meat stuffing, a bit of Paxo sage and onion and some roast leg of pork (sorry Morti ) topped with beef gravy.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top