Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:08 PM

Re: Friendship

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You definitely can be just friends with a man. I have five close male friends but one is more special than the rest!

He helps me more with my garden!
Sounds like a Plantonic Relationship.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:11 PM

When folks needed to do something in their lives, they buggered off, that was their prerogative, To ignore them on their return is my prerogative.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 11:26 PM

I miss not seeing my friends. Phone calls are not the same. I want to go out with them again.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-02-2021, 11:35 PM

I don't, I made bad choices, but will know for next time round.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
How about you answering,Pixie question, Carol?

What do you think?

I think Gay men make wonderful friends.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Having travelled through life I've seen many come and go , life is like a train journey , some join you in the carriage for just part of the journey , some get off the train and climb back on further up the line , some stay in the carriage with you all the way or some for unknown reason will cause an upset and jump off between stations leaving you stunned and wondering why , I'm still on the train journey , I've loved and lost many , some dislike me and some like to stay in touch now and again , many have died but I still chat to them , I have a few companions who still sit on the train with me , they may choose to leave but I know more will climb aboard . What I have learned is not all are nice , some have taken what they wanted and I have given open heartedly, many have given me joy and some have made me cry . I'm happy to help those with baggage and when they leave their baggage is dumped but some decided to pick it back up and carry it with them .

My train journey is very interesting wanna join me for a while
That is a thoughtful and thought-provoking analogy Susan. Thanks for sharing. Sums it up beautifully.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I think Gay men make wonderful friends.
As long as you don't fall in love with one. I think SiL's niece is in this situation although she insists they are friends, it's written all over her face when she talks of him.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2021, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
As long as you don't fall in love with one.
Oddly enough, that's how my parents got together.

Mum worked in the civil service and became friends with a fella. They used to go out for meals, the theatre, cinema etc for about a year. Nothing romantic about it, but eventually she began to fall in love and told one of her girlfriends about it. Her girlfriend enlightened her that the fella was gay, but had been using my mother as a front of respectability (this was in the late 1950s). She was devastated and, on the rebound, ended up with my dad.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-02-2021, 01:19 AM

I have several BFFs I've known since childhood or teens. We used to do everything together, so more like family. One childhood best friend from being babies in prams who moved abroad but we still keep in touch. I've found that it's strange some guys who I found annoying when I was younger I've now grown fond of. They have stuck around and I've come to appreciate their good points. I guess part of growing up is appreciating others for themselves and not thinking of who is cool and uncool. Widening your circle. I guess when you are really grown up anyone can be a friend.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-02-2021, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Oddly enough, that's how my parents got together.

Mum worked in the civil service and became friends with a fella. They used to go out for meals, the theatre, cinema etc for about a year. Nothing romantic about it, but eventually she began to fall in love and told one of her girlfriends about it. Her girlfriend enlightened her that the fella was gay, but had been using my mother as a front of respectability (this was in the late 1950s). She was devastated and, on the rebound, ended up with my dad.
Poor thing. That must have been really awful for her at the time. Not only lied to but used. Good that your dad was there to pick up the pieces and mend her heart.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top