Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Re: Same old bloody Tories!!!

Well Barry, I can't say I am convinced, but I have seen a letter from a tanker driver on another forum outlining what is the subjects being sorted today between unite and the employers.
Money is one of the issues, not so much a rise but a guaranteed minimum wage agreement. But the biggest issues are H/S. today it should be virtually over hopefully.
I have seen where lorry drivers are prepared to back the tanker drivers with blockades, that should be interesting, or perhaps it's a ploy to influence the outcome of the Acas meeting, my guess the latter.
derek davies
Buckinghamshire
derek davies is male 

02-04-2012, 01:58 PM

I believe I am right in saying that the tanker drivers earn a salary of £45k. I read last week that they now want that figure raised to £57k.

There's "Health and Safety" for you! I am sure that they will feel a great deal more safe and healthy earning over a grand a week.

Trades Unions??? I flush better things down my toilet every day.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Briefly looking at the link AB - it seems to me that overall Clement Attlee did best in the polls. I would not consider that Margaret Thatcher figures predominately. I think it is also important that people should also be considering what was going on in the periods when the Prime Ministers were in power
Have another look Rena, you will find that Churchill came out the best but it was close between him, Attlee and Maggie.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Have another look Rena, you will find that Churchill came out the best but it was close between him, Attlee and Maggie.
Churchill was a cretin. His advocacy of an attack against Turkey during WW1 was an unmitigated disaster which cost us thousands of lives.

His insistence on supporting the Greeks and and the Cretans by taking troops away from Wavell in the western desert during WW2 again cost us dearly in lives and equipment lost when Rommel attacked a depleted army.

His meddling in Greek internal affairs in 1946 again was an unmitigated disaster.

His deep hatred of the Russians was the cause of the cold war. And on and on and on ...................
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Churchill was a cretin. His advocacy of an attack against Turkey during WW1 was an unmitigated disaster which cost us thousands of lives.

His insistence on supporting the Greeks and and the Cretans by taking troops away from Wavell in the western desert during WW2 again cost us dearly in lives and equipment lost when Rommel attacked a depleted army.

His meddling in Greek internal affairs in 1946 again was an unmitigated disaster.

His deep hatred of the Russians was the cause of the cold war. And on and on and on ...................

Joe,is there anyone who is not a communist that you like or is it just that all Marxist can do is try ti ridicule everyone whp does not see life from their point of view?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 08:25 AM

Yes Bob I have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances, not all are Communists or Marxists.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Joe,is there anyone who is not a communist that you like or is it just that all Marxist can do is try ti ridicule everyone whp does not see life from their point of view?
I do like that Bob you are exactly the same if folks don't agree with your right wing politics, but aren't we all.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 02:33 PM

AB....I'm a real good Friend of Joes. I've known him for several years and we speak on the phone often. I can assure you that I am not a communist and I hold very different views from Joe. I lothe the Unions and those Jack Asses in Westminster. I'm not afraid to tell him so either.
derek davies
Buckinghamshire
derek davies is male 

04-04-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Bob I have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances, not all are Communists or Marxists.

There are some nice people in your life then Joe?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Never argue about politics or Religion.When I lived at home my Mother was a Liberal, my dad a Conservative and I was a young Conservative and my Mother used to say ... Put a Blue ribbon on a Bull in a field and Jimmy and Anne will vote for them.Thats how it is, whatever party you vote for the other one is useless.Thats the way of the world.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top