Join for free
Page 40 of 83 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 04:42 PM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Are you for real !
I've made many answers on this thread and you still say the same thing
Where have you explained how he earns his money, doing the job he's elected to perform?
How does he represent his constituents?
How does he fight for new business to come to his constituency?
Why has he not supported the many common sense measures that would improve our lives eg. In the past few months Ukip has voted against updated rules on cab design and safety, which would make it easier for the drivers of lorries to spot pedestrians and cyclists. Also against requirements that MEPs who draft legislation should publish which lobbyists they have met and their influence on the legislation. He opposed greater transparency for clinical trials data, and greater protections for holidaymakers buying package holidays. Also legislation to tackle money laundering and calls for greater public access to EU documents.

How is any of this 'earning' his money? He can oppose EU membership and do his job while he does so. But not him - all he does is ensure his own personal gravytrain keeps delivering our money into his pockets.

You can take the boy out of the merchant bank, but you cant take the merchant banker out of the boy can you?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 04:55 PM

I admit I have no idea but then I have no idea about Cameron, Clegg or Mileband or any of the other party leaders either. I listen to the policies and don't worry too much about their private lives.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 05:36 PM

But I'm not talking about his 'private life'. He is a public figure, elected to exercise power on our behalf. But he isn't doing this - that's what I am saying. Its his policies - or lack of them - that I'm trying to get to the bottom of. His expenses or allowances - and attitude towards them - ARE political issues, because its public money. Our money.

I'm not singling him out from any other politician - I am judging him by the same standards I expect of Clegg, Cameron & Miliband, and any other MPs, MEPs, local councillors etc.

And on this score, he is failing at least as badly as the rest. My caveat is that Farage seems to boast about it, which I find repellent.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
I'm not singling him out from any other politician -
You could have fooled me!
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 06:18 PM

Nigel Farage is a threat to lib/lab/cons

He is the favourite to win a place in the oncoming elections for the European Parliament..
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 07:05 PM

we're not arguing are we?
this is a nice forum, I don't like arguments!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
Put that smile back gal
Its just a tiff - you will get the odd one and it is a nice forum .....
Come on .......
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 09:40 PM

I don't have the answers to your questions, but I'm guessing Farage's fanclub will be able to respond quite robustly?

Originally Posted by manasota ->
Where have you explained how he earns his money, doing the job he's elected to perform?
How does he represent his constituents?
How does he fight for new business to come to his constituency?
Why has he not supported the many common sense measures that would improve our lives eg. In the past few months Ukip has voted against updated rules on cab design and safety, which would make it easier for the drivers of lorries to spot pedestrians and cyclists. Also against requirements that MEPs who draft legislation should publish which lobbyists they have met and their influence on the legislation. He opposed greater transparency for clinical trials data, and greater protections for holidaymakers buying package holidays. Also legislation to tackle money laundering and calls for greater public access to EU documents.

How is any of this 'earning' his money? He can oppose EU membership and do his job while he does so. But not him - all he does is ensure his own personal gravytrain keeps delivering our money into his pockets.

You can take the boy out of the merchant bank, but you cant take the merchant banker out of the boy can you?
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
Would Think that you should stay out of the Politic and Current affairs forum then.

Your going to get Arguments and some of them very heated.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 06:09 PM

But why cant someone have their say without other people making things personal Sue,?

The forum I joined before this one in January, had discussion rooms which soon became very "heated" and personal, it didn't make for good reading especially when you're a newbie, I got sick to death every time I made a comment someone jumped on you. so I left and came on this one.
I have just come off two different threads tonight, where someone cant accept that you can have an opinion whether you agree or not.and it was mentioned on there about people being argumentative.
It shouldn't be like that, not a on a friendly forum, and at the end of the day why should I stop away from the rooms, surely it should be the "trolls" who cant keep calm that should leave?
my thoughts that's all.
P

Page 40 of 83 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top