Join for free
Page 40 of 45 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 09:03 PM

Re: The Vindictive Nastiness if the EU

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not sure what you had in mind!

Certainly, I wouldn't recommend them using their cheese.
Have you tried most Dutch cheese?
It's like tasteless rubber!
I was thinking about the Tulip mania which was a period during the Dutch Golden Age when contract prices for some bulbs of the recently introduced and fashionable tulip reached extraordinarily high levels, and then dramatically collapsed in February 1637
Maybe they could try it again and let the EU fund it. What about wooden shoes..or has that been done
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I was thinking about the Tulip mania which was a period during the Dutch Golden Age when contract prices for some bulbs of the recently introduced and fashionable tulip reached extraordinarily high levels, and then dramatically collapsed in February 1637
Maybe they could try it again and let the EU fund it. What about wooden shoes..or has that been done
Oi, the Dutch aren't the only ones to use wooden clogs.

They were very common in God's County during the Industrial Age, probably because they were cheaper than leather shoes and wore much more slowly!

No wonder people see us as being tight-fisted.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:34 AM

And you have been emasculated, you no longer have the balls to stand up to or divorce your masters Germany and France, no wonder you are bitter.
Very well said and completely accurate to boot!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oi, the Dutch aren't the only ones to use wooden clogs.

They were very common in God's County during the Industrial Age, probably because they were cheaper than leather shoes and wore much more slowly!

No wonder people see us as being tight-fisted.
I have found me a goldmine. I buy a new truck in england, send it by ferrie to france. French customs think it is a haulier returning empty from england and let it pass without further check. I sell the truck in the netherlands and bag a substantial profit.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:45 PM

One truck eh? Wow...you are going to rolling in Euros The new Elon Musk...one truck at a time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:03 PM

One truck eh? Wow...you are going to rolling in Euros The new Elon Musk...one truck at a time.
I'm old enough to remember we had a border with germany....
A well known smuggler walked over the border, bike in hand. The customs officer checked the man's pockets, his shopping bag, nothing! Next day, same story. That went on day after day.
Years later the custom's officer has long since retired and meets the smuggler in the pub. Bud, you must tell me. I'm certain you were smuggling something, but for the love of me, I couldn't figure out what it was.

You can guess what it was now.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

15-04-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I'm old enough to remember we had a border with germany....
A well known smuggler walked over the border, bike in hand. The customs officer checked the man's pockets, his shopping bag, nothing! Next day, same story. That went on day after day.
Years later the custom's officer has long since retired and meets the smuggler in the pub. Bud, you must tell me. I'm certain you were smuggling something, but for the love of me, I couldn't figure out what it was.

You can guess what it was now.
Not a true story though...and you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? Here you are on a open forum telling everyone how you are going to smuggle trucks...another untruth..but you don’t know what the truth is do you?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

15-04-2021, 11:26 PM

Not a true story though...and you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? Here you are on a open forum telling everyone how you are going to smuggle trucks...another untruth..but you don’t know what the truth is do you?
Talking about blunt cutlery, it is supposed to be a joke. Way over your head, wasn't it?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 07:46 AM

https://getbritainout.org/rules-rule...lous-eu-rules/

Can you believe this.

In 2014 the EU banned vacuum cleaners with motors above 1600 watts in a bid to reduce energy consumption. It also introduced a flawed energy efficiency rating system, which James Dyson attempted to overturn. The European Court of Justice threw out his case. What was particularly barmy about this piece of legislation is that the fact that using a lower powered vacuum cleaner means you have to use it for longer to achieve the same result. Hardly an efficient means of reducing energy consumption.
The EU – being only a half democratic entity, subject to the whims of a vast array of interest groups – displays this tendency par excellence.

The EU – being only a half democratic entity, subject to the whims of a vast array of interest groups – displays this tendency par excellence.

This is EU's Achilles heel, leading to it's downfall.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://getbritainout.org/rules-rule...lous-eu-rules/

Can you believe this.

This is EU's Achilles heel, leading to it's downfall.
What a load of old tosh if the suction wasn’t up to the task doing it for longer would make no difference

The limit on wattage was to encourage manufacturers to design more efficient motors and they have risen to the challenge and have delivered. The question is why Dyson wanted to stifle innovation.

We have two old 2000 watt Miele cleaners and a new 890 watt Miele blizzard which is as good if not better at cleaning than the 2000 watt ones so what’s your problem

Page 40 of 45 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top