Join for free
Page 41 of 45 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 09:26 AM

Re: The Vindictive Nastiness if the EU

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Not a true story though...and you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? Here you are on a open forum telling everyone how you are going to smuggle trucks...another untruth..but you don’t know what the truth is do you?

Maybe he's going to drive it over there on the wrong side of the road too?
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://getbritainout.org/rules-rule...lous-eu-rules/

Can you believe this.

This is EU's Achilles heel, leading to it's downfall.
I tested a vacuum cleaner (brand name "Vorwerk") years ago, which consumes 200 Watt. Best cleaner I ever tested, great thing. For my taste it was way too expensive, but you see, there actually are engines who work well without consuming 1600 Watt or more.

In my view the legislation is very much ok. Same for LED lamps by the way or are you still using old fashioned lamps with > 100 Watts?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 10:05 AM

Vaccum cleaners you say?
Then you might remember this:

Dyson wins court ruling on EU vacuum cleaner energy rules

https://news.sky.com/story/dyson-win...rules-11547949
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 10:39 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...protocol-talks

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...EU-Brexit-wins

"The paths of greed and vanity will always lead to one's downfall."
EU in decay.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 10:41 AM

https://getbritainout.org/rules-rule...lous-eu-rules/

Can you believe this.

"In 2014 the EU banned vacuum cleaners with motors above 1600 watts in a bid to reduce energy consumption. It also introduced a flawed energy efficiency rating system, which James Dyson attempted to overturn. The European Court of Justice threw out his case. What was particularly barmy about this piece of legislation is that the fact that using a lower powered vacuum cleaner means you have to use it for longer to achieve the same result. Hardly an efficient means of reducing energy consumption."

This is EU's Achilles heel, leading to it's downfall.
Yes, I remember that distinctly. Not only vacuum cleaners either, the principle applies to anything and everything which uses energy to achieve an effect, like washing machines, etc.
I'm sure it must even apply to cars and other vehicles.
Restrict engine sizes to save fuel and drivers may choose to 'rev up' higher to compensate!
Replace IC engines with electric motors and you simply transfer the use of fossil fuels to at least some of the electricity generating stations and, of course, the manufacture of the batteries.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
What a load of old tosh if the suction wasn’t up to the task doing it for longer would make no difference
Really?

Our old vacuum cleaner meant us spending much longer to clean the carpets than it does now with our new one which has a much higher suction power.

It was quite easy to compare by placing my hand over the end of the tube in each case. The new one was much harder to remove.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 11:25 AM

The continued existence of EU will fail unless it changes, less centralised and oppressive.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 11:27 AM

The continued existence of EU will fail unless it changes, less centralised and oppressive.
It can't change - anything else and it will not fulfil the overall objective of the project.

Oppression and centralisation has worked a charm so far, no need to stop now, certainly not because of the people, they don't count its all about the unelected elite.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 12:16 PM

If you wanted it to change, you should have remained. Now you have no say in that. But your opinion is noted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-04-2021, 01:34 PM

Going back to the list provided by your link to Get Britain Out, I had a further look and found some of the EU's ideas to be highly amusing, namely:

It is illegal to eat your pet horse. - I expect the French probably objected vehemently. I wonder whether they also considered banning the eating of pet frogs!

Water does not prevent dehydration. - I wonder what they had in mind to advise in favour of instead. French wine, perhaps?

Regulations to limit the power of ovens. - Hopefully, they made an exception for crematoria to avoid 'stiffs' being slowly roasted rather than completely burnt away.

Then there are the bent bananas and vacuum cleaners, already discussed.

Altogether not only unduly restrictive, but also rather ridiculous.

Page 41 of 45 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top